Premarital Testing? Muslim Expat marrying National

Hello I am a Canadian girl who recently converted to Islam and came to live with her Bahraini boyfriend (hopefully husband soon) in Bahrain.

Was just wondering what kind of marriage procedures might I have to undergo before a traditional Bahraini sunni islamic marriage.

I don't have any record of sexual diseases but what I am more worried about is the fact that his family might feel uncomfortable if the doctor tells them I am not a virgin. My boyfriend knows about my past life but I wouldn't feel comfortable if his family had to read reports of my virginity.

Are Islamic virginity check-ups optional or mandatory?

Pre martial testing here is only for diseases and is a requirement. No one is going to check virginity or indeed even tell anyone.....go to a proper clinic. Don't know what you have heard about these things but come on..its the new millennium :)

[Post under review]

Your comment is off topic.  We are commenting about a specific practice which is related to Bahrain.  No need to comment on overall Islam - you know how these kind of comments are taken in this part of the world; especially refrain from this if you are living here.  I have hidden and asked for your comment to be deleted.