Car theft

We had a visit at our yard today by the local police, they wanted to update car owners with a spate of recent car thefts 17 in 5 days/nights and high end bikes, these will probably be shipped to another location at some stage or broken down for parts
Most thefts will be done through collecting the constant signal key fobs give 24/7

But one thing the police didn't know is that with most manufacturers you can turn your key fob off and still use keyless entry start/stop including the alarm so check your user manual or visit your local dealer for information
with mine I can use the 3 buttons in a certain sequence to turn on/off comes in handy if keys stolen when I'm away from home (car is dead unless you know what to do with the immobiliser I fitted)
Another option that I've had in the uk is a quick release adapter for the steering wheel again they didn't know about these typical cost for these are around 600k but I can't say I've even looked for them here or an Indonesian price

Sounds interesting. It's something I haven't really thought much about but certainly worth considering. Another useful gadget is a dash cam which I recall another poster mentioning lots of times. Been driving here for years without problems but something bad could easily happen one day. It's a funny old world.

I didn't know anything till the police came to be honest though I have read other locations having issues historically within Indonesia
You can get good cheap dash cams but my favourite but not cheap are blackvue the apps are fantastic and would highly recommend this particular product, I have these in the cars but a cheaper version for the back all front and rear view, quite a few these days offer gps, speed, weather etc as normal if an accident happens
Blackvue also you can see who's driving, and have a conversation with occupants but I'm sure many do this now