New mobile prefixes

https://image.ibb.co/dhN1ue/image_from_ios.png

Is there any particular reason they're doing this or are they just making life difficult?

I also don't know about the reason.
But I received an SMS from Vinaphone today with a list which prefix will be changed on September 27th. My prefix is also included.  :sosad:
Now I have to change the phone number at all banks, the post office, the embassy, online shops, etc.  :huh:

there has been a lot of discussion about switching all mobile 11 number to 10 numbers this year. Sept. is the month they began switching. Viber automatically changed my number last week. Viettel told me my new number will be working on the 23th. All old numbers will still work until, well whenever they decide to shut them off.

Forgot to add this link. What i received from Viber when they made the switch. All those with 11 digit mobile #'s will want to pay attention.

https://support.viber.com/customer/port … ctivations

Andy Passenger wrote:

But I received an SMS from Vinaphone today with a list which prefix will be changed on September 27th. My prefix is also included.  :sosad:
Now I have to change the phone number at all banks, the post office, the embassy, online shops, etc.  :huh:

I hear you. I've only just given out my new number, following my move, and now it's an old number...

Good news is, there appears to be an overlapping grace period, during which my old number and new number are both supposed to work, with the caveat that there may be service disruptions (isn't that a perpetual caveat?).

I appear to have use of both numbers from early on September 24th to late on November 14th

Here is the Google translation of the message I received:

Implementing the regulation of the MIC on changing the network code from 11 digits to 10 digits, Vinaphone is changing from 0h00 to 4h00 on 15, 18, 21, 24 and 27/9. QK's phone numbers will be moved to 0XXXXXXXXX from 0:00 to 4:00 on September 24. After the change, the number 11 of QK is still maintained to receive calls and SMS until the end of 14/11. During the transition, the service may be interrupted, looking forward to QK sympathy. Detail LH: 1XXXXXXX.

The X's are by me, blocking contact info for me and Vinaphone. Apparently, I'm "QK"?

Since this is so important to so many of us English-understanding Expats, I hope admin will allow the original message to remain, just in case someone can see a significant error from the Google Translate app:

[Original Message from Vinaphone]

Thực hiện quy định của Bộ TTTT v/v chuyển đổi mã mạng từ 11 số sang 10 số, Vinaphone thực hiện chuyển đổi từ 0h00 đến 4h00 trong các ngày 15, 18, 21, 24 và 27/9. Số điện thoại của QK sẽ được chuyển sang số 0XXXXXXXXX từ 0h00 đến 4h00 ngày 24/9. Sau khi chuyển đổi, số 11 số của QK vẫn được duy trì nhận cuộc gọi và SMS đến hết ngày 14/11. Trong thời gian chuyển đổi, dịch vụ có thể bị gián đoạn, kính mong QK thông cảm. Chi tiết LH:1XXXXXXX.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Andy Passenger wrote:

I hear you. I've only just given out my new number, following my move, and now it's an old number...

Good news is, there appears to be an overlapping grace period, during which my old number and new number are both supposed to work, with the caveat that there may be service disruptions (isn't that a perpetual caveat?).

I appear to have use of both numbers from early on September 24th to late on November 14th

Here is the Google translation of the message I received:

Implementing the regulation of the MIC on changing the network code from 11 digits to 10 digits, Vinaphone is changing from 0h00 to 4h00 on 15, 18, 21, 24 and 27/9. QK's phone numbers will be moved to 0XXXXXXXXX from 0:00 to 4:00 on September 24. After the change, the number 11 of QK is still maintained to receive calls and SMS until the end of 14/11. During the transition, the service may be interrupted, looking forward to QK sympathy. Detail LH: 1XXXXXXX.

The X's are by me, blocking contact info for me and Vinaphone. Apparently, I'm "QK"?

Since this is so important to so many of us English-understanding Expats, I hope admin will allow the original message to remain, just in case someone can see a significant error from the Google Translate app:

[Original Message from Vinaphone]

Thực hiện quy định của Bộ TTTT v/v chuyển đổi mã mạng từ 11 số sang 10 số, Vinaphone thực hiện chuyển đổi từ 0h00 đến 4h00 trong các ngày 15, 18, 21, 24 và 27/9. Số điện thoại của QK sẽ được chuyển sang số 0XXXXXXXXX từ 0h00 đến 4h00 ngày 24/9. Sau khi chuyển đổi, số 11 số của QK vẫn được duy trì nhận cuộc gọi và SMS đến hết ngày 14/11. Trong thời gian chuyển đổi, dịch vụ có thể bị gián đoạn, kính mong QK thông cảm. Chi tiết LH:1XXXXXXX.

Yeah, I got the same SMS. :top:

Yeah both the eleven digit and ten digit number both work at the moment - believe that will be the case for roughly another month or so

Viettel has just confirmed my old number will be active until 15 Nov.

Vinaphone confirms the old number will be active until 14 Nov.

I had problems to login at "My VNPT" after the number change.
You must enter the new number in the format 8483xxxxxxx and use the "fast-loging by 3G/4G" (or similar) option.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

QK is the abbreviation for "quý khách" (guests, customers, honoured guests, etc.)

The trend to abbreviate everything in Vietnamese language has long become overused, over the board, over-abused, excessive, and everything else that I cannot think of at the moment.  I'll probably need some abbreviations to express my disgust.

Ciambella wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

QK is the abbreviation for "quý khách" (guests, customers, honoured guests, etc.)

The trend to abbreviate everything in Vietnamese language has long become overused, over the board, over-abused, excessive, and everything else that I cannot think of at the moment.  I'll probably need some abbreviations to express my disgust.

And QC are advertising SMS and can be deleted.

You can also stop the commercial SMS.
http://www.webtech360.com/detail/refuse … -2672.html