Information Gathering Stages

We are living on our sailboat, currently in Grenada, and the impending sale of our townhome in Texas has us thinking of where to buy.  We want to settle in Puerto Rico, but aren't ready to let go of our sailboat just yet.  It seems that buying a condo near one of the marinas on the East Coast is the answer. 

My concern is that insurance costs will be huge after the devastation last summer.  I welcome current information from condo owners.  I would love to know how well built your condo properties are, and also what are your feelings about the HOAs where you live.  Our townhome in Texas had a wonderful HOA that was managed by homeowners with a broad range of valuable skills.  Are assessments common and are there any properties that we should avoid due to HOA problems? 

Property recommendations are welcome so please, leave your comments and tell me as much as you can.  We probably won't be in PR until at least March, 2019, but I am a planner and would like to get started gathering information.  Recommendations about purchasing condo property in PR are also very welcome.

Yes saw your post in the FB group.