Manchester family moving for 2019

Hello just some info really me my husband and my baby are coming to Malta 2019 and was looking at where is best to rent over there ? Any tips or advice please much appreciated thanks Kate

Define your lifestyle and what you want remember to factor in travel to work time along with budget for rent.
We are retired and St Paul's Bay was for us since we love outdoors and a beach. Travel everywhere by bus. When we first arrived rented a 3 bed new furnished (they all are) flat on the 4th floor along Tourist St. Hated it now have a traditional three bed ground floor maisonett with a back yard looking out at the water down in St Paul , love it.
What I am saying is if you get it wrong you can always move. Remember rents are increasing.

Hello we are hoping to move to St. Paul's Bay . We just returned from holiday there for third time . We are renting our home in Manchester out starting February 2019 . We are basically just going to see if life in the sun is better for us as we hate it back home . Our baby is 10 months so we want to give her a nice start . We are both fairly active and enjoy the outdoors . I currently work at Manchester airport so I'm hoping to get some hotel work there of some sort . We was looking at St Julian's but we just love St. Paul's bay there's something about Malta and the way they are with my baby they are lovely people we have found so far ? We are trying our hand here so we have our home here to come back to if it's not for us. Just risking it . Rentals aren't cheap though are they . But I want something to look at in the evening With a view or easy access to the sea front

Sounds like it is problem solved. Remember there are a few cold days Jan to March. Bring some jumpers and coats. Heating can be a problem most rely on gas heaters problem is the buildings are not well insulated so worst case maybe sitting indoors with a coat on on the odd evening. I am told rents have peaked since people are moving and locals cannot afford them. Gozo  is popular place to move.
Being a couple with a child from the UK you will go to the top of a landlord's list considering the problems caused by young eastern Europeans who will sleep six to a room not to mention the noise, mess and unpaid bills.

We use air con to heat our pent house together with an oil filled radiator and prefer it to the gas heaters and not too expensive.  Gozo is a lovely place to live but can be a problem traveling to Malta
every day for work..