Honorable Veteran Inquiring about residency

How much does it cost to get residency? What can or should I complete before leaving the US and upon arrival? Thanks

Blueeyes5945 wrote:

How much does it cost to get residency? What can or should I complete before leaving the US and upon arrival? Thanks

Hi Blueeeyes59. So far as I know the only way is to be legally married to a Filipina. She makes application for and in your behalf. After that you will be granted a one year temporary residency visa. After that first year yout go back for an interview at immigration. As long as you have had no legal problems during that first year you are granted permanent residency. The cost to maintain that visa then each year is very low cost, less than $10.00us dollars per year.

Best Of Luck

Being married to a Filipina isn't the only way to get residency.  Although I'm married and currently live in Philippines, I opted to get an SRRV visa as opposed to a 13a for various reasons.  If you are retired military, it would cost 1430.00 USD for the visa itself and a 1500.00 USD deposit is required in a Philippine Retirement Authority accepted bank.  I did mine, took about 35 days, and I had to be here to do it.  The visa renewal costs are 30 Dollars every 3 years.  Its a permanent resident visa.

So retired military dont have to put down the 20k-50k required initially?

Retired military or diplomats aligned with PH. have an in with the PRA as it should be. The easiest and cheapest retirement means to secure permanent residency through the SRRV system. All others requires hefty deposits.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

BTW welcome to Blueeyes and streak to this forum. Enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.