How to get dependant visa

Hi,
I am indian passport holder in malaysia right now on multiple entry social visit visa. My husband (who is also indian passport holder)  is working here on a project for few months and has employment pass. I want to know how to convert my visa to dependant visa. Kindly let me know the process- whom to contact, what is the fee and how many days it will take.  Also i want to know if i have to go back to india to get it done or can i get it done in malaysia. Please suggest.

Is your husband on an employment pass or a professional visit pass?

The PVP does not allow DP applications.

The paperwork required can be found in the Guide on the ESD website.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Or check with BLS Malaysia for attestation of correct document.

https://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/

I understand its easier if you are in his passport.

You can submit the application via the employer, an Agent or yourself. There will be fees plus rm500 journey performed additional charge if you apply while in Malaysia

Hi,

My wife's dependent visa process is on "In IMM: Decision Stage". How many days will it take to get the approval for her to enter Malaysia?

Thank you

Approvals are slow at the moment so you need to allow 10-15 working days from submission to get the approval. The approval document will confirm whether she needs a Visa With Reference (VDR) single entry visa to enter Malaysia. If so, that will take additional time, as the application needs to be lodged at the Malaysian High Commission or Consulate in Brunei.

Thanks Gravitas.

I don't think she needs a VDR as I didn't need a VDR when entering Malaysia for my EP.

Thanks again!

Thwnks for the reply.  Yes he has a valid work permit for 1 year.

So check you have the required paperwork and Certified True Copies with you and then apply. The BLS website explains what they can certify but you may need to get the CTC back in India before you can apply, especially if you are not on his passport.

Hi, my partner has a similar situation, we were not aware that we could not get E gate pass with multiple visit social visa, very interested in how we change?

Just check the ESD link above for requirements and paperwork. If you are married you can apply for a Dependent Pass and Social Visit Pass (Long Term) if Common Law spouse.