Help Making To Do List for Recently Arrived Spouses?

Hello everybody,
                     I have recently been granted a residence permit for family reunification.

I've tried searching the forum for any possible lists that may already exist as a to do guide for recently arrived spouses to Norway--I haven't been able to find one that already exists. I was wondering if any other person who has gone through family reunification could help guide me (and anyone who might reference this) through the bureaucratic basics for when you arrive. If a thread already exists, I'll gladly take that too.  (-:

For now, all I can think of is:
go to the police department for your first residence card
go to the tax office to:
               register marriage (if married abroad)
               register your move to Norway
               get a Norwegian Identification Number
exchange your driving license

Is there any specific order that is recommended? Am I missing anything?

Regarding taxes, is it necessary to apply for a tax deduction card? Furthermore, if you are a US Citizen, do you pay taxes in Norway and for the US?

Any and all help/guidance is appreciated.

Tusen takk!

You need a tax card because that is when skatt will issue you a Dnumber or Pnumber.  This number is like social security number in US...very important ...which allows you to open bank, see doctor....etc etc.

In addition, if you do not have tax card and you found a job, the employer has to deduct 50% of your salary as income tax.  You only get the excess back next summer when skatt finalize your tax settlement.

I am not a US citizen but from what I heard from my US friend, US practises global tax which means, yes, you do get tax.