Re entry

Hai
Iam a  third year student in Florence Academy of Art
I came down to india as the academy closed for holidays.
My last permesso got  expired.   Though I applied for renewal ,I did not get the new permesso before coming to india
Now I have with me :
1.my expired permesso,
2.receipt of renewal from post office ,
3. letter from Academy proving my student status and
4. valid passport.
But I am informed that Visa is mandatory to exit from India for immigration.is it true??
Please help ..Will  I be able pass immigration in India and  get  re entry for my third year of study.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/767/32463804664_07cc7a9174_z.jpg

Hi there, yes you can enter Italy with the docs that you mentioned you have. But you can enter with the receipt only if you transit from a non-european country. You will not be allowed to transit from an European schengen nation. I hope you have your answer.

Thank you
You are Right

I by mistake booked  ticket in BrusselAir
Which I understand will not be allowed as stop over is in Brussels.
Most of the flights from Mumbai is through some shengen country
I need to  cancel and book in AliItalia so that it's a direct flight from Delhi to Florence via Rome.
I hope that would work .
My current  permesso would expire by Sept 30.
I hope that will not be an issue as my travel date will be before Sept 25 as per ticket availability

Yes you can travel if you have second permesso just you need to fly directly

Thank you Adinozze
Iam scared about Immigration officers at Indian exit port .
How to convince them with an expired permesso and receipt.
Will they not ask for any kind of  visa

Today was my date of travel from India to Fkorence via Rome   in Aliitalia
I had my expired permesso ,receipt of renewal ,letter from college and status niw online showed permesso ready for delivery ..but unfortunately Immigration not cleared
huge loss of money  and I dint know now how will i start my final year of study whichbwill start oct first week

Hey, were you able to find a solution? I will also be facing a similar situation  as I will be travelling to India while my new permesso is still under process in December. Was the postal receipt not enough?

The postal receipt is not enough. This subject has been covered many times on the forum, please look at other posts.

Hi, I'm asking about a specific situation of the original poster. I searched online but there is no similar situation  which I am referring to about. Please read my statement again.

Avchak92 wrote:

Hi, I'm asking about a specific situation of the original poster. I searched online but there is no similar situation  which I am referring to about. Please read my statement again.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/767/32463804664_07cc7a9174_z.jpg

inspite of many telling these documents  wld do to re enter italy,that is : expired permesso ,college letter and receipt ,also I had by then received message infirming permesso ready for delivery so that screenshot too I had taken a print out...nothing worked...
I lost my ticket, money twice as I cancelled Brussel airlines in which it was booked first as it passes tbrough other schengen countries which was a mistake..but second booking was done after discussing with competent ppl.
I booked in Alitalia direct to Rome still I couldnt clear immigration
They needed re entry Visa
very unfortunate .It may affect my final year.
Now  In Mumbai VFS i took an appointment for Re entry through their website
That also is now not allowed.After a long wait Iam informed I have to send documents to consul and for re entry the appointment only through consulate  So just now mailed snd waiting for their response
Huge loss of money ,two international tickets then frustration
so please do not travel to India if you do not have solid documents  as reentry would be sn issue

I really waited for some useful tips before I booked my second ticket and couldnt find any
Defnitely after my this nightmare gets over i will post my entire picture so that another student wouldnt suffer like this

i was stopped ..coulnt board ..now going through hell ...at a loss ..waste of time and money ..now trying to get an appointment for re entry visa

That is quite sad to hear. You were denied exit at Delhi Airport? I will write to the consulate earlier as it is necessary for me to go home. I am also a student studying in Turin. Can you please let me know who you have contacted in the consulate?

do you have a receipt for renewal ?..get it stamped at exit ..understand thoroughly all required documents check it well before making the trip.
consulate is extremely unfriendly .I cldnt travel inspite of booking in a direct airlines as was  required,so d next day i went to consulate at chankyapuri Delhi,they  let me in to check my papers couldnt detect any problem and when i mentioned border security issues at rome so immigation was denied ,they asked me to apply for re entry visa ..an italian lady at the counsulate , i donno who

yes i couldnt board the flight at Delhi.had booked in Alitalia to Florence via Rome ko GT

Hi! I have sent you a direct message, please check. Usually I take the direct air India to Milan from Delhi. I will double check with the airlines as well.

URGENT URGENT
Iam awaiting an appointment at the Mumbai consulate for an appointment for reentry visa after mailing all documents.Tomorrow on Monday.
My final year classes will begin on 3rd.
Praying hard for a speedy issuance.
can anybody tell me the shortest possible time to get a re entry visa
please wish me well
every situation I understand is different so I would suggest every one to send documents and check properly with the concerned authorities before travel...

thats good