Apartments

I was in Bahrain last week to see the area and meet with the company.  My location will be in industrial area, i went through and looked at some of the apartments, but was not able to find any unfurnished apartment, I liked Amwaj, but it is away from all the shopping and the aparmtment was for 800 BD with a view and 500 bd with no view.

Also, I was told, if I am looking for unfurnished apartments, then it will not even have AC, fridge, dishwasher etc.  In US, unfurnished will have all kitchen appliances and Ac/heating is basic over here.  I went throught Adlliya and Juffair and it was nice but seemed too crowded.  I only few hours so couldnt go through much..  Any other nice places that someone could recommend?  that would be few min drive to industrial area.

hi i  own appartment in juffair but not in crowed sector the place is quite  and facing the sea walk from marriot ,i own 2 bedrooms luxury furnished only for600 inclusive wi fi,electricity,all facility the place is orchid tower .my email is  atta.oui@hotmail .com if you are interested contact me.jouda

Hi jouda,

You should post this advert in the Manama classifieds > accommodation section.

Thank you.

Hi american Monk,

Which industrial area are you talking about ? There are several in Bahrain !
What you were told is totally wrong.
The more common version of accomodations for expat is "semi furnished", means with kitchen appliances and washing machine, and of course AC.
I've never heard of a flat at 500BHD without AC....
Usually between a fully furnished and semi furnished, you can expect a difference of 100-150 BD per month depending on the level of the prestation.
If you need the details of some reliable real estate agents, send me a PM.

Friendly yours...

Olivier

Thanks for your response -- the place of work is in BIIP (Bahrain interntaional investment park); do you know how far is Juffair and Amwaj from BIIP.  what i have seen online is that Amwaj is expensive;  i only spent few hrs in bahrain and looked at Adliya and Juffair but I only went to very crowded areas; I liked Amwaj and Tala island, but not sure how far they are from workplace,   just looking for a little bit peaceful area which close tos shopping.  Also, does NTSC tv work in Bahrain do we need converter with that?

Hi American monk,
To be honnest, I had to Google the BIIP, I didn't know what it was exactly :D
Juffair and Amwaj are both 7-8 Km far from BIIP. It's not the same environment ! Juffair is full of big buildings, but you can also find villas in compounds. This area surrounds the american Navy Base so you will find a lot of your fellow countrymen there and many shops and restaurants targeting them. Prices and prestations are very mixed. Amwaj is more "cosmopolitan" with a lot of different nationalities. It is expensive indeed but provides a kind of closed environment appreciated by some people.
You might also consider Hidd or Galali on Muharraq Island. It's closer and there are some nice houses there.

Hope this will help a little.

Yours

Olivier

PS : You can Google Earth all those locations to make it more clear !

I'd agree that Juffair is a bit crowded and somewhat noisy. Adliya, where I live I find very chilled out and relaxed. Sure, it feels like you actually live in a city to a degree, but the back streets are practically deserted.

Thanks for your reply;  I am focusing on Adliya and Juffair, there are some nice apartments available in 600 BD range, we will bring our furniture, because we dont want to sell it, because people pay pennies on dollars if you want to sell something in garage sale.

Could someone tell me, how long the work visa processing takes.  Also, how much are the cell phones, which are the websites that i could some more info.  I heard i could use international license in Bahrain,  is it true that i could get  a rental/leased car and drive on international license?  is it easier to obtain license in Bahrain?

you guys have been helpful..thanks