Teaching is lucrative!?

I see ads on this forum for teachers, particularly from the west - offering about 25 to 35k pm?

Is this for real?
Isn't this a lot of money for Malaysia?
Are these offers largely for westerners?

I am curious to hear thoughts.

Surprised. No thoughts!

The best schools around asia pay about 6,000 usd pm plus free housing and of course free education, medical, annual flights home. More with responsibility  allowances this is basic starter pay. Some pay higher though and of course many lower.

Isn't that quite a sum?
No wonders schooling is sooo expensive in Malaysia.

Someone with an experience of 10Y is not making more than 15-20K but..I see ads of 30k for teachers.

Having said that, I am sure such offers are reserved for westerners, well mostly.

Anyway - s/he who deserves, shall get it.

For a local 30k a month is ok after 10 years. Remember salaries appear low in Malaysia as its an entrepreneurial society. Eg a police inspector with loads of large houses and a fleet of mercs earns more than his stated salary...... Malaysia boleh!

However a degree educated mid manager pus in 15k RM a month in good jobs. Even a Malaysian state senior teacher gets 6k pm in a local school and makes 6k extra in tuition (seen the payslips). They get special.low interest house and  car loans. 12k a month plus cheap loans. Expats on 15k think they are special. Nope. Unless you earn more than 40k a month plus free accomodation, a driver plus free car, maid, cleaner, gardener and a large detached house with swimming pool. Those were standard expats in the day. Salaries have gone down 90% in real terms in 20 years for expats.

Salary averages including the 4 million overseas slave labourers and East Malaysians on 1,000 rm a month are daft stats some dreg up. We are talking Selangor here with people with degrees. Selnagor average is far higher.