Who is called an Expatriate? Is this a site for Expatriate?

What are the criteria to be considered as an expat to join the site?

Can someone lay out clearly, set in stone, the numerous criteria to join this site? It is called Expat.com, so I assume it is for expatriates (foreigners who reside or work in Morocco or at least own a business or property in Morocco). I have noticed that many of the members, even the contributors here, don't reside in Morocco (or Tangier to be specific). Some of them even never set foot in Morocco, yet joining the site, AND espousing some suggestions to solve problem locally. This is insane!

Showing the desire to live in a certain country doesn't make one an expat in that country. Or am I wrong?

For example, I have “a dream” to live in Palazzo Moncenigo on the Grand Canal in Venice. But until that happens, I am not a member of the Venetian Expat community, no? And for the local Moroccan citizens who live in Morocco and yet joining this (Moroccan Expat) site, what is the defining link? I am a US citizen with a residence in New York. I cannot call myself an expat in America, even if I just spend three month there in a year. Or can I?

Probably the moderators Pricilla and her colleague, the guy who periodically pontificate the rules here, can shed some light to clarify the vetting process? At the moment it's too confusing........

Thank you in advance.

Good question

Expats, of course
People who would like to be an expat
People interested in meeting expats (for any nice reason)
People who wish to advertise to expats (in the correct sections)
Anyone nice, perhaps people interested in cultural diversity.

Really, it's only spammers, scammers, and otherwise unpleasant people that aren't welcome.

For example, I have “a dream” to live in Palazzo Moncenigo on the Grand Canal in Venice. But until that happens, I am not a member of the Venetian Expat community, no?

Almost forgot - People who dream of becoming expats

Fred wrote:

For example, I have “a dream” to live in Palazzo Moncenigo on the Grand Canal in Venice. But until that happens, I am not a member of the Venetian Expat community, no?

Almost forgot - People who dream of becoming expats

Oh, this is new. Really? I had no idea!

Terimakasih, Fred!