Property purchase in KL

I am a MM2h holder and hoping to move in to Kl shortly,
I need to purchase a house ( a freehold landed property in or around Kl or suburbs.
Not too faraway from the main city centre.
Can anyone highlight me any suitable areas please.
Thanks

Simplest is to do a search within budget on say www.iproperty.com.my and www.propertyguru.com.my to see roughly what is available. Then ask for feed back on your shortlist. There are endless options depending on how much you have to spend (e.g. RM2-20 million).

Frankly you shouldn't buy before having lived in KL for 6-12 months so you understand the different areas and understand the property market (i.e. Asking price is not always the true value)

HI Gravitas,
Thanks for your prompt reply and advice.
Tc

Budget is important. A decent (3 bed) detached house is 500,000 usd (2 mlion rm) minimum anyway in a suburb. Apartments are cheaper but awful issues in Malaysia with these. Some terraced houses wayout are down to 700k RM.

Hi Nimodot,
Thanks for your information.

How much land did you have in mind? Most urban houses in the KL suburbs have very little outside space. My experience is some are very noisy as its dog paradise. You mention wanting to be near city centre but there are neighbourhood malls, if that is what you want, rather than to be near KL city centre (KLCC).