Spass rejected due to No quota

Hello guys! After 11 days of waiting, my spass application got rejected. Reason given out was company has no enough quota. but, as per my employer, they have the quota. That's why they hired me. I'm from the philippines. Anyone who also experienced the same scenario?

The employer can request a clarification of its assigned quota from MoM. If this shows that your rejection was incorrect, they should appeal!

Hi beppi, the employer said they have the quota. I dont know if it is real or not. My question is, will company allowed to apply pass online even they dont have the quota? Just wondering on this.

System can allow the employer to apply S pass even though the employer doesn't have quota but later after verification done by the officer, they may reject. So, as Beppi said ask the employer to reach out MoM for more clarification.

I have doubt that your employer doesn't have quota. It happens like they had quota earlier but in weeks time if any local Singaporean resigned then they will lose the quota percentage in order to hire a foreigner. Good luck

Hi, actually our HR didn't explain well to me the reason of rejection. They jusy mentioned the quota and the cpf of their locals and would need to wait for three months.

Yes, they didn't have enough S pass quota to hire foreigner. So, their earlier claim that they had S pass quota was incorrect then.

You can start looking opportunities else where as you never know that after 3 months still they will be able to hire a foreigner or not. Good luck

Hi Surya, yes! That is actually i'm gonna do. It was unfortunate to me that It was rejected application because they have no enough quota. I thought going back in SG would be easier for me once I have the IPA, but it went wrongly.

By the way, just want to seek your good advise, would it be risky if i come back SG. I left SG last 8th of august. and i'm currently staying in KL and planning to go back by 7th of Sept. So I was away in SG for one month. And I was an spass holder when I leave sg.

If you are coming first time since you left Singapore then it's ok but immigration officer will ask purpose of your visit. You should give a valid reason why you are here then provide your return ticket along with accommodation details in Singapore.

You will get 30 days stay here. Good luck

On the same note, say you've been denied of your pass how soon can you re-enter Singapore and explore for new options?

You can visit or re-enter after 5 days since you left Singapore. But as I said, you should have a valid reason to visit here. You can't say immigration officer that you are visiting here to explore career options. They will immediately send you back.

Secondly, always carry your return ticket and accommodation details with contact number here.

Last not the least, if you are denied at immigration checkpoint then don't try to come again after few months as you may be banned for a year or so. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

You can visit or re-enter after 5 days since you left Singapore. But as I said, you should have a valid reason to visit here. You can't say immigration officer that you are visiting here to explore career options. They will immediately send you back.

Secondly, always carry your return ticket and accommodation details with contact number here.

Last not the least, if you are denied at immigration checkpoint then don't try to come again after few months as you may be banned for a year or so. Good luck

Hi. Forgive me if my question wasn't that clear. We're currently outside of SG awaiting for the approval of our pass. I understand the first two parts that you mentioned. So say that I learn today that my pass is denied, can I immediately go back to SG and check my options or is there a specific timeframe before it falls off  and becomes safer for me to comeback? For what I understand and I may be wrong, they're able to check if you have a pending application so I just don't know if their reaction is the same towards denied applications.

Whether it's pending application or rejected, immigration officer will ask for reason. They simply can tell you wait for the outcome, in case of pending application, then visit. Why you need to visit now!

You may tell that to visit here to explore house rent options or school for the kids etc. But be prepared for the questions upfront. If pass application is rejected, then you can't tell the above points.

If you are outside Singapore these days, was waiting for your pass outcome, then you can enter anytime. But remember to give a valid reason. Always carry return ticket along with accommodation details in Singapore.

It's upto the officer to allow you or deny. Good luck

Hi Surya2k, in my case my pass had been rejected. Is there any suggestion that you can give to tell the officer why I am coming back in SG? I have been working there in SG and this is my first time again to come back in SG after my pass has been cancelled. Would it be easier to re enter? Will they need to check online if I have rejected application?

They can see in their system as normally both ICA and MoM share their information to each other.

You may say to visit or anything similar, or check with your friends if they have any better suggestion.

Whether you had worked earlier or not, officer will ask these questions and expect you to respond confidently. I can't say whether they allow you to enter or not, but it's first time in your case, so you have higher chance to get in. Good luck