Moving to Suzhou

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Julian and I'm from Derbyshire in the UK, although I spent most of my years, university and working in Brighton on the south coast.

I have been teaching now for 14 to 15 years in many different countries. I still enjoy the travel and exploring plus working in different countries. I have been to China before but over 10 years ago, so I am guessing things have changed considerably.

I am currently based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia working for an International school as a grade 4 and 5 primary teacher.

I have a couple of quick question for the people on this forum.

First of all can British people get a visa on arrival in China, Shanghai, or will I need to go to the Chinese Embassy here in Phnom Penh? I do have an invitation letter.
I am being picked up then transported to Suzhou.

Next what is the weather like in Suzhou? Do I need warm clothes now or is it pretty warm at the moment.

Thanks and any advice would be very much appreciated.

First of all can British people get a visa on arrival in China, Shanghai, or will I need to go to the Chinese Embassy here in Phnom Penh? I do have an invitation letter---If you want get into China ,yes, you have to goto the Chinese embassy in Phnom p;enh Or maybe you go to HK. but if its the first time that you trying to get visa . you might go to embassy in your country.
You cannot get in China without visa.You have to apply Visa form Chinese embassy. After you get in China ,before your visa expiered. there are 2 situation.:you can extand visa from the police department .(lots of requirement) Or goto Hongkogn your own coutry renew it.
every time you entry and out china ,you have to show your visa is still avalible, if not. you cannot get in china .you have to get  visa even you only stay in china for finve mintues..... or else. no possible get in china without Visa. ///

Its summer in china now...