Need a house

hello , i am mike from FLORIDA  i am planning to relocate to Malaysia  kuala lumpur and i need to buy a house but i don't know actually on how to go about it , please any help to my problem ?

Don't buy before you have at least been in KL for 6-12 months because you need to understand the areas and try out at least one to see if it suits your needs. Also in that time you will get to understand the housing market and thereby buy at the right price. The minimum purchase prices depend on which State the property is in. For Selangor it is RM2 million and for KL RM1 million.

Mike you can check with malaysian embassy under my second home programme...

Kindly leave your wassup no...for agency to deal with you regarding your interested.

I suggest u buy a house in Penang Island..good for ecpat..

Where you choose depends on your intentions. Retirement leaves a lot more flexibility than working.

The big deal for the OP is avoiding given his contact details to agents until he knows exactly who they are.

Malaysia is a great country but there are piles of agents that are either either incompetent 'wannabes' with thoughts of ripping you off for as much as they can get, or just out and out thieves.

As for legitimate real estate agents, they're the same all over the world so assume they're inflating prices for profit because they usually do.

The advice about hanging on until you know the place is well worth listening to.