Vacation treat for Thai in-laws??

I am in Canada right now. My spouse Aoy and I are heading back our place to Thailand for December and January. Her immediate family of 5 lives in Bangkok where they run two restaurants. We would like to treat them to a nice vacation in or around Thailand. We will be taking them south to Nakhon Si Thammarat for a couple of days to visit the extended family, but we would like to treat them to something special on top of that. So the question is: What and where do you think would be a nice vacation locale for these hard working, big hearted folks? We can fly and drive. Thanks in advance for your suggestions . . . Dave.

Hatyai is a short drive from Nakhon Si Thammarat and great place for food.

Good suggestion. Thank you.   dcb

So, I guess it's Hat Yai while we're visiting in Nakhon Si Thammarat and probably Kanchanaburi for the family excursion. Thank you, rowie88, for your input.   dcb

When we are on a trip together, Wife & Me, Wife, Me & Family or Friends.
We all ways do a trip to a Temple in the area, So many times they have hear about it, Maybe some in the family be married there, Someones bone is there from the time they got burn there, And so on.

And i all ways get the stories behind it, It is a great thing for us to do, As it make them all more happy then normal.
It is not my thing, But i am fine by it.
Some times i go in with them, Other time i stay outside walking around, Talking to people, I enjoy that a lot.

Like every Thai i know, They all so know of a great place to eat in that area.
And after they found out i dont mind it eating Thai food, Asian food.
And try to every everything Thai do, They take me to this "special food place"

Again stories behind might be, They was born around there, And know this food place from back then, Or someone know the owner, and so on.
Or they might only have hear about it from someone.

I know we not all the same, So other might enjoy different things.
This is what we enjoy to do together.

Kindly.

I have taken those visits to temples for granted, but your note reminded me what a treat it is for the family, usually to visit the temple first and then go for something to eat. They usually do a quick grocery shopping trip before visiting the temple in order to get something nice for the monks. Thanks for that note -- A good heads up for me. Cheers!   dcb