Renting a Car long term and Accommodation long term

Hi there,

My name is Melissa Naude and I am moving to the Seychelles in three weeks.  I will be starting a new job there.  Our offices are in Mahe.

Im from Stellenbosch in the Western Cape.  Been living in the Maldives for two years and been back in South Africa since March this year.  Time to return to the Islands.

So firstly I am going to need to get around so either a small car or scooter? - Nothing fancy as Im on a tight budget, well at least for the first 6 months. - Im not fussy.  So if you could give me guidance please!

Then I am looking to rent a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment/house - something that at least has an Outside area where I can sit in the morning and after work. - Furnished preferably.  I know I can search when Im there but would need something - just a room for the first two weeks until I find something suitable.  So advice and guidance on who to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Then where to shop for food that is - I like cooking so markets are usually cheaper and nice???

I thank you for your help and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Kind regards,

Melissa Naude

Hi Melissa Naude,

Welcome to the forum.

Till members provide you their feedback, i suggest that you browse the internet and request quotes from the different car rental agencies https://www.google.com/search?q=car+ren … :1,lf_ui:2

It will be easier for you to rent a car/scooter once you are there, you will be able to prospect and access to some recommendations through word of mouth.

Furthermore, feel free to have a look at the adverts posted under the Housing in the Seychelles section, you may post your own ad as well, so that you to get some offers. You may also contact the professionals recommended in the business directory to enquire : Real estate in the Seychelles

All the best,
Bhavna

Dear Bhavna,

Thank you so much for your help.

Yes I will definitely look on the sites you've suggested and take it from there. 

I also do prefer Word of Mouth.

thanks again and so excited.

Regards,

Melissa

Hi, unfortunately it is illegal to rent scooters in Seychelles. You can only rent cars. Long term rental for cars usually starts at around 800 USD per month. Cheers Peter

hi melisa,

scooter rental in prohibited i Seychelles, how ever if you are comfortable with riding bikes in steep mountainous roads, you can buy a scooter for 40,000 to 50,000 scr.

for long term car rentals, it will be 12,500 to 13,000 scr per month for a small car.

if you haven't found your accommodation yet, a single bedroom flat in Seychelles will typically be at 6500 scr to 7000 scr average, but hard to find close to the market as you have move around to find vegetables, groceries are available at most of the places in mahe island, the accommodates are bit cheaper in central and south part of mahe compared to the north.

thanks
karthik