Looking for housing

I'm a 71 y/o male will be coming down alone to retire perhaps the end of the 1st wk of Dec of this yr.  I'm currently seeking a place to rent for a month while I search the area to look at other rentals; although I may continue to rent the 1st place for 6 months up to a yr.  I would like a 1 or 2 br house, apt or condo.with internet, TV, furnished, and within a 5 min walk to, or on the beach in the $600 to $900 range.  Not further south than El Chuyo nor north than Ciudad de Carmen.  If not included what do the utilities run?. 
Also with services & shopping somewhat nearby, although I'll have a car with me so this needn't be a pivotal issue. Once I see a place I like  I'd appreciate the address so I can google it.  Realto recommendations would also be appreciated.
Additionally,  I've never rented a place sight unseen for a lengthy time.  Any sage hints?

Michael

Hello Michael,

I suggest you look under the housing tab at the top of the page. As for costs, what is included in your rent is usually something you negotiate with the homeowner. The homeowner of my house pays trash and water, the utilities and internet are paid by me. That's a fairly normal agreement. Furnished is more expensive and may or may not include a  t.v.
Are you aware that you need to pay an import fee on the car? You also have to have Mexican auto insurance. When you recross the border before your visa expiration the import will be refunded. There is a new president taking office soon, so some of that can change but probably not until after Dec.

Thanx TL,
I know it varies but about what does internet & Utilities run for a 1-2 br. place?  Do you use AC in the hot month.
Yeah I know about the $300 auto fee.  I forgot to stop & have it returned on my way from San Carlos to Az. last yr.
I notice you are quite active on this  site offering help to us newbies.

Dukie

dukie1 wrote:

Thanx TL,
I know it varies but about what does internet & Utilities run for a 1-2 br. place?  Do you use AC in the hot month.
Yeah I know about the $300 auto fee.  I forgot to stop & have it returned on my way from San Carlos to Az. last yr.
I notice you are quite active on this  site offering help to us newbies.

Dukie

Oh yes, I use a/c but I do everything I can not to. I have ceiling fans and also standing fans. My worst bill was 5,000 pesos for 2 months, but that's not normal, someone working at the house left something on. My normal bill is around 1,000 pesos for two months. I have a 3 bdr. house, so depending on your needs your bill would perhaps be half of what mine is. I pay internet by the year and that varies also depending on your needs and the company. I use izzi and they have a basic 459 peso plan per month or other plans.
Yes, I am on the expert forum team so I do check the forum daily. Not bored, just experienced.