Visit visa to oman

Sir, once i entered oman with a visit visa, is it possible to change my visit visa to employment visa. Can i apply from there? Please sir kindly enlighten me the procedure. Thank u

Dear Rbruton
First of all congratulation for the job. Converting visit visa to employment depends on your provision name. For high provision it possible to change visa automatically without leaving Oman. But for low provision it is compelsory to exit and come back on your new visa.
I could suggest you to go to  emigration department for the same.

Regards

Thank you sir for the reply

taiq wrote:

Dear Rbruton
First of all congratulation for the job. Converting visit visa to employment depends on your provision name. For high provision it possible to change visa automatically without leaving Oman. But for low provision it is compelsory to exit and come back on your new visa.
I could suggest you to go to  emigration department for the same.

Regards

Hi taiq,

This is news to me !

So what you are saying is that if the expatriate's job title / position is high enough a simple visa transfer is possible.

But if the position is not so high,then that expatriate would have to exit the Sultanate and re enter again on the employment visa. Is this correct ?

So, how does one decide which position is "high", and which position is "not-so-high" ??