Moving to berlin without background in tech

Hi everyone,

I've just quit my job in Singapore and will be moving to Berlin in September for at least 3 months to look for job opportunities and to network.

My background is in Chemical Engineering and I was working in a Pharmaceutical company previously. I'm currently looking for a career change and don't mind working in a different industry. Also, I don't speak German, I will be taking courses when I get to Berlin.

I understand that the jobs in Berlin are mainly tech and startups, is there anyone who moved to Berlin without tech experience, please share your experiences. And of course, any advice to land a job / internship is much appreciated.

PS: I've read alot of negativity about people discouraging foreigners to move to Berlin blablabla, please don't comment if you are gonna write some nasty stuff like that. I know what I'm getting into.

Thanks
Skylar

Hey Skylar,

On the contrary! Berlin is great entry to Germany due to its diversity and vibrant community so definitely no bashing from my side :).

There are a number of websites you could look into for info on finding an applicable job with limited German language skills but this one was most helpful for me: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/index.htm?c … irect=true

Best regards,
Reagan

With a background in chemistry and pharmaceutics (which are also technology-based - why do you claim to have none?), job chances are better in other places. Berlin is good fore politics, arts and (recently) software startups.