Work in gym

hi i am Dave a personal trainer  coming to Kenya in October looking for work if anyone knows of anything for me in Mombasa are let me know please and  a ap´apartment or house too share , kind regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Please note that there are strict rules about working in Kenya.  You must have a work permit, to work legally.  There are a lot of posts on this site related to the requirements for work permits.

The Kenyan government are currently on a drive for employers to only employ foreigners to fill skills gaps and have recently had an exercise to scrutinise foreigners work permits.  Unfortunately, personal trainers are not in short supply in Kenya so this might be an area of work for which its difficult to obtain a work permit, but I wish you all the best.

Hi ok thank you I did not know that , maybe I can't work then? How long can I stay in Kenya on tourist visas ?

A Single Entry Visa will allow you entry for 90 days, but can be extended, upon application for a further 90 days, at which point you also have to register with immigration.   

At the end of the 6 month period, you must leave Kenya for a few days, assuming you want to begin the cycle again.