Take care pls

All of us please take care,  my bag was snatched early morning yesterday  by a car. I did not even had the chance to get the plate number of the car.  Worst of it, its a holiday and the police will not  give me any police report to document what happen. It happened in Salmiya and can happen anywhere.

So sorry to hear 😢😔

I hope police will catch them. Thank you for warning us.

sorry to hear this irmaviudez  :(

that's life

No girl.. that is NOT LIFE!! It's only life if you accept it.

Did you report it to the police?

It's just a phrase to ease my mind of the trauma. Accepting it actually take time.

It's been a year today since this happened and sometimes if i think about it I can still feel the gravity how my bag was taken.
Well, lessons learned were - don't be lax when you are walking on an empty or quiet street, hold tight of your belongings and be aware along your way- right left front back and lastly we are responsible for ourselves so we need to take care all the time. I am very thankful for all the persons who help me secure fast my civil ID,  passport, atm's.   
Have a good day everyone😍

It is recommended to carry a small pouch which contain your civil id and small amount of money when u go for a walk

dear Irma,

apologies for what happened to you, and thank you for posting your story as a cautionary tale for all expats in Kuwait. that shows strength of character many lack, as their first instinct would be to just rue their bad luck.

thank you also for coming back to the forum to commemorate the anniversary of your incident, you are one true superwoman!

you reminded me of an event that happened in my life; i was working in Karachi for 2 weeks, the last time my colleagues had ventured there they were held at gunpoint and robbed of around $100, the manager of the branch we were auditing had been accosted in the parking lot of his office, and shot in the face!

anyhoo, long story short, i was wanting to go shopping, there was an amazing place within walking distance called Zainab market so i went out there, with no phone, minimal cash (plus my bank card hidden in my sock), i walked down the street on the side of incoming traffic, so that i would be able to look people in the face and quickly judge their intentions. mind you, they could easily change their mind and stop after passing me and chase me, but,s uffice to say, i was safe that day.

when walking on the streets, anywhere in the world, always keep your belongings on the other arm, not on the road. a friend of mine told me how his grandmother was dragged down the street behind a motorcycle that grabbed her handbag. its just like holding kids, always keep them on the safe side.

hope you have a great rest of your life, with no more thefts!

Situational awareness is essential when travelling, especially in a foreign environment. Thieves can spot the person who pays no attention in an instant. Tourists are always an easy target. Travellers are harder.

hi... irma though it was a bad instance let me tell you Kuwait is by far one of the most safe countries across the middle east. I have worked across 4 countries and regularly travel across the gulf and middle east and i am telling this from my own experience. When i was in Oman my whole house was ransacked. KSA is the worst there are few areas u cannot go after 9 pm. Let us hope that Kuwait stays as a safe haven for all of us. Cheers !!!