Lawyer needed to handle real estate transaction

Hi

I need help in locating a resouce/s in purchasing a house near Pattaya that other expats have used and know that they have been very satisfied with his/her service.  Also that the charge has been ordinary.  I have been told by a Thai friend that it should be roughly no more than 100,000b.  But my friend does not know a lawyer to handle such a transaction that can speak English and Thai to help me.  Can you make satisfactory recommendations to me.  I would be most grateful.  Thank you.  Balina

First off 100,000 baht sounds high if for lawyer fees only.

Make sure you talk with a couple different lawyers before you choose one.

Below are a couple you can check.  I know nothing about either except people have used both.  The first seems to have lots of info on their site about real estate purchases.

siam-legal.com/thai-law/pattaya-lawyer.php

magnacarta.co.th/

Best of luck.

cheers,
straydog

Thanking you for your recommendations.  I will contact them.  And also the advice on the transaction fee may be too high.

Grateful
Balina

Hello Balina,

I hope you did not decide yet because I know a good lawyer who helped my friend before and he can speak english very well. Maybe you can keep him as a choice or get more information. Let me know if you are still interested. My email address is [email protected]

Cheers,
Lucky.