Rental of furnished apt in Heerlen - 6 months from October 18

As subject says,

I am spending long days and find nothing! please do not suggest me nearby cities as Maastricht

seems impossible to find furnished apartments there, I really dont wanna buy IKEA stuff just for working 6 months and after that leaving it there

please any help? :D  thanks in advance, I am quite desperated~~

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'll be surprised if you are able to rent anything, anywhere in Holland from 18 Oct; landlords will not keep property vacant waiting for you to arrive when they can probably rent it out to somebody else tomorrow.

My advice is to use Air BnB for the first month and use that time to find something you want.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks but there is no AirBnB accommodation in Heerlen~

Hi and welcome back.

I just found some available places; this link will take you to the AirBnB search I just created.

I really appreciate your effort, I have studied the filters exhaustively, but the open university's salary I will be working (3k euro net per month) is not enough to pay for the 2,263 pounds the closest (and yet far) property from the university

Ah, then this is another matter; have you tried speaking to the University to see if they have any tied accommodation that you can use; I'm assuming you're not the first person who has done what you're contemplating?

At the end of the day, perhaps if you can't afford to live where the job is, then the job opportunity is not really for you?

Cynic wrote:

Ah, then this is another matter; have you tried speaking to the University to see if they have any tied accommodation that you can use; I'm assuming you're not the first person who has done what you're contemplating?

At the end of the day, perhaps if you can't afford to live where the job is, then the job opportunity is not really for you?

yes, tried, but I dont want a shared dorm

I think I will have to rent an unfurnished one, then purchase in IKEA a wardrobe, bed (with sheets and pillows), table with couple of chairs and a large sofa for a possible visit, quite ridiculous for my 6-month post-doc and then giving away to the landlord when leave, but in NL seems a normal practice

in reality is like adding +300€ per month with that purchases

the question is, is possible to rent furniture in IKEA (or anywhere else)?

Buy some used stuff much cheaper. Try Marktplaats and then search with your area code for the local stuff.
Goodluck!

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct