Electronic equipment duties and any amateur radio operators here?

Hi to all in the forum. I am from the US, currently living in Ecuador, have been here 4 years.

I also am an amateur radio operator, licensed in the US.   Curious to know if there are any other amateurs here here on the forum.......  I am considering moving out of Ecuador since our duties on imports just went up to 175%. Everything- from a cell phone to computer parts to amateur radio equipment to  toasters.... Everything to do with my hobby has gotten very expensive. Anyone here have any idea of what duties you are paying in Paraguay?

Regards and thanks for the read.

Expat
Cotacachi Ecuador

I'm a SWL not a ham.  It's been quite a few years since I used to enjoy listening to HCJB, La Voz de Los Andes! 

I don't know if you've seen the Radio Club of Paraguay Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ZP5AA/

And if you search for
Radio Club Paraguayo
...you'll get a couple of hits but not especially informative.  I'd guess there are probably fewer amateur radio operators in Paraguay than there are in Ecuador.

Hi Osage Archer

Thanks very much for the link and kind reply. Unfortunately  there pretty much are almost no hams here in Ecuador.  I will look at the Paraguay Radio Club to see  what turns up there.  The link is much appreciated.
HCJB  is to my knowledge gone.  So the story goes, at their altitude and power, antenna corona problems were pretty bad. My understanding of it is that their engineers developed the quad antenna to mitigate this. Dont know whether its true or not  but I seem to remember hearing that years ago.

Again many kind thanks.

Regards
Expat