Renewing Brazil Permanent Resident Card?

Hello Expat Community,
Does Anybody have any experience or information regarding renewal of the Brazilian permanent residence card  but for a person living outside of Brazil at the moment.   I have consistently returned to Brazil under the timeframe of two years as the law requires in order to retain the permanent resident card however it expires in May 2019 and I just want to know if I can renew it even though I am not living in Brazil at the moment. My spouse is Brazilian and my children are also Brazilian.

You should be able to renew without any trouble, if you return in early 2019.  Follow the instructions on the Federal Police website.  I believe that you must apply in person, but you can leave a "Procuração"/Power of Attorney with an in-law or friend to pick it up for you, if you won't be in the country long enough.

Ok, Thank You. So my understanding is you must do it in person in Brazil, right,

Hi Dtocenia

Yes, you must renew the permanent residency in person.

Regards

Yes..this info is correct as I just did this. The prior year June 2017 I applied for my 2nd "indeterminda" RNE card and recieved a procuraço card. They keep the original. This June, one year later, I arrived at SSA airport Policia Federal and picked it up in minutes! It was shockingly easy for Brazil. Worries are finally over.🌝