Spam attack simon25536 and I imagine many other no's, admins take note

simon25536 has posted to me several times today in private message "comes from italy (or somewhere) moving to germany", i.e. no relevance at all to Hungary. no user profile or anything not even the basics so this is obviously a spam coincidence because my name happens to be simon, i would report myself but i cannot find any report button as it is just PM and no public messages. I have already blocked but maybe I unblock as I am pretty sure this is a spam attack.

At the bottom you can contact the admin team

There is a report feature in the Pm system. It's on the right hand side.

SimCityAT wrote:

There is a report feature in the Pm system. It's on the right hand side.

thanks it is off the right hand side I am visually impaired not blind or anything but need to have zoom so these things disappear for me when I have things zoomed in. But that is helpful advice to others. Thank you. I have already contacted the admin team and they are on the case, sorry I did it in a roundabout way,

I've usually got people wanting to be my friend queued up on here.  If they've been engaged in discussions in the forum with multiple posts and high level of interaction then I might agree to PM with them.  But if they are 1 post wonders, then nahhh....not likely to much mileage in it so I just reject them as contacts.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I've usually got people wanting to be my friend queued up on here.  If they've been engaged in discussions in the forum with multiple posts and high level of interaction then I might agree to PM with them.  But if they are 1 post wonders, then nahhh....not likely to much mileage in it so I just reject them as contacts.

I would agree in the most part, but these are not 1 post wonders, but zero post wonders... hence I think a spam attack not on me personally but on the site generally, as iwonderful and handsome and clever as I am, and I am so wery umble, I am not imagining that the beautiful simone as any kind of attraction to me except perhaps my wallet/billfold.

Now, were the perrenially beautiful Samantha come round so I can play bass as she gives a few licks, that would be a different story.

SimonTrew wrote:

I would agree in the most part, but these are not 1 post wonders, but zero post wonders... hence I think a spam attack not on me personally but on the site generally, as iwonderful and handsome and clever as I am, and I am so wery umble, I am not imagining that the beautiful simone as any kind of attraction to me except perhaps my wallet/billfold. ...

How do they manage to PM you if you haven't accepted them?

I always thought no-one could PM you unless they were in your contact list?

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimonTrew wrote:

I would agree in the most part, but these are not 1 post wonders, but zero post wonders... hence I think a spam attack not on me personally but on the site generally, as iwonderful and handsome and clever as I am, and I am so wery umble, I am not imagining that the beautiful simone as any kind of attraction to me except perhaps my wallet/billfold. ...

How do they manage to PM you if you haven't accepted them?

I always thought no-one could PM you unless they were in your contact list?

not r

Good question they did not PM me. They asked to be added to their contact list. This, like you, I usually put the kybosh on, the suspicion is raised because of the numeral and the gmail address (which admin has) as being both five figure digits, not related to each other,  so unless I am so wonderful that Simone has a particular desire for me, I think it is spam. THat is OK, but I doubt I am going to be the only one, perhaps she or he will be Fluffiette7898 or whatever next. I was just trying to kill it at source.

SimonTrew wrote:

.....Good question they did not PM me. They asked to be added to their contact list. This, like you, I usually put the kybosh on, the suspicion is raised because of the numeral and the gmail address (which admin has) as being both five figure digits, not related to each other,  so unless I am so wonderful that Simone has a particular desire for me, I think it is spam. THat is OK, but I doubt I am going to be the only one, perhaps she or he will be Fluffiette7898 or whatever next. I was just trying to kill it at source.

Oh, well then, that's solved.  The number allows the spammer to link back to who posted the message.  So yes, typical behaviour.  I have a few of those lined up. I just ignore them unless the fancy takes me.  Some of them ask dips***t questions, easily solved by doing their own research or Google'ing.

Get them all the time, then ask the same question in the Forum.

Thanks Simon for reporting this spammer; we have identified the spam pattern and will develop a specific algorithm to block this unpleasant ***