Dependent of kitas applicant

My boyfriend (French) and I (Japanese) own a business in Sabang, Pulau Weh and we are just in the process of final stages of Kitas application. We also have a 3 year old son (French) and we are not married.

My boyfriend applied for kitas to become a director of the company. I applied for kitas to become a commissioner. Please note these are 2 separate individual applications. NOT family kitas. My son, however, was applied as a dependent (family kitas) under my boyfriend as his birth certificate is in French. But we have an official translation of this birth certificate in Indonesian, listing both of our names as parents. Furthermore, I have an excerpt of birth certificate in Indonesian issued by government of Indonesia listing my name only (because we are not married).

We went through the process fine and we came back with VTT stamps from KL a few days ago. Immigration in Jakarta did not question this at all. But We reported to immigration office in Sabang and the officers there insist that we need a marriage certificate for our son. Several lawyers we asked said to explain to officers but it is useless. We explained to them many times our applications are separate and that we are not applying for family kitas. If we were married, I would have applied for family kitas but because we are not, we made a separate application.

The immigration officer said that our 3 year old baby will receive an exit pass and will have to get out of the country. Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated.

if you are in jabodetabek area i can help you,anyway if she got exit pass,if you still need kitas just pm me.cheers