Epass to Spass

hi,

I am currently on Epass(designated as Software Consultant). As i am not satisfied with current job, i started searching for new job and i got an offer with my previous company with no increase in salary, salary remains the same as my current job and the designation also changed to senior systems analyst.

Please advise if my Epass will be converted to Spass. Is it ok to accept the new offer, and if I get Spass then i dont accept the join the new job?

Did you do SIT check to know which pass you are eligible for? If it shows both then it's upto MoM to decide which pass you are entitled for.

If you got S pass then you have to accept it or prepare to get a new job within that period as your existing company will come to know once in the MoM system your work pass got approval. High possibility that they won't retain you or if they retain then you know next issues.

Thanks for your reply!

SIT shows i am eligible for both spass and epass. I am quite worried as my new offer's designation seems to be downgraded from current one.

After my pass is approved, and if it is spass and i dont join, will it affect my future pass applications with mom?

Employer has every rights to complain at MoM about you for not joining the post after they spend time for your interview process, selection process then work permit application process etc. and MoM may think  you as a job hooper which will lead to unnecessary trouble.

Think and take wise decision.

Thanks surya2k for your valuable inputs.

Just one more query..

i was employed with previous employer 2 years back with same designation as i am now offered.
Will this increase the chance of downgrading to spass from epass?

It's not the only criteria to impact on your pass, there are other valuable points such as salary, educational requirements, skills demand in present market, employer profile etc.

Thanks again for your reply!

As my spouse is working on DP, i want to take up that job only if its EP. Shall i insist this to my new employer, like i can join only if its EP and if its SPass i cant join?

It's upto you, I never come across such a situation where an employee asks a question like that and the employer entertains to answer such query. Good luck

Note: Your wife's DP won't be affected due to your S pass. It will be affected only when your salary drops to below $6k, as you won't be able to apply DP for her.

Yes that's correct. But she cannot work if my pass gets converted to spass, as her employer will have to apply pass separately for her to work, which i am sure they are not ready to apply pass for her, as long as she is on DP she can work.

So my current situation is ,
1. i am not satisfied with current job, my ex employer is still unable to fill my position so they insisting me to come back.
2. Due to company policies they say cannot give salary more than what i am getting now, as i am returning back within 7 months.
3. They offer me the same role as what i had 2.6 years back, cannot change role because of same reason(company policy, returning back within 7 months).
4. I already have a history of conversion from EP to SP during my last employment renewal.

Though i am somehow compromised with other factors like salary and role, i badly need EP for my spouse to work here on my DP. Shall i insist my employer that i need EP for my spouse to work? Will they consider this?

Does employer have an option to apply only for EP and not SP?

Can you tell me how it will help you to get your wife DP if you get EP instead of S pass? The major difference between EP and S pass is the education and job scope. If you are a Graduate from a recognised university or institution and salary is more than $3.6k then you are eligible to apply EP but to get eligible to apply DP for your wife, your salary must be minimum $6k or above.

Hi Surya,

Thanks for your response.

If i am on Spass/Epass i can get DP for my wife. But the problem is if i am on EP i can get LOC and she can work with that.

If i am on SPass i can still take her as my dependant, but i cant get LOC, as SPass dependants cannot work with LOC. Her employer has to apply a pass for her to work. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Because of this reason i dont want to get SPass instead want to get EP.

Yes, she won't able to apply LOC, only EP or PEP's dependant can apply LOC.

In S pass holder's case, dependant will apply separately Work pass.