Would like to meet fellow expats before final decision.

Hi there,

We are a young couple looking to relocate to Mauritius from North West Province in South Africa. We are currently in Mauritius busy doing some research before we make our final decision. My parents are also in the process of becoming retirees in Mauritius. They have just sold their house and will be making the move shortly.

Before we make our final decision we would like to chat to a few people who have made the move from South Africa. We would like to hear from young couples, people who are in the construction sector (my husband is a project manager) or people who are in the hospitality & events sector (I am a function coordinator)?

Is there anyone who is willing to meet somewhere for a chat? How is the working life of a young expat? How is the social life? Is it an easy change? Where is the best area to live for a young South African Expat? How to find / approach people for a job?

At the moment the whole idea is very daunting and would just like some honest and realistic feedback to help us make an informed decision.

We are currently in Pereybere till the 21st of August.

Kind Regards,
Anja & Steven

Hi Anja & Steven

I recently moved to Mauritius with my husband. We are both young. I am in the construction industry (Architectural Designer) and my husband works in ERP IT sector.

It would have been a pleasure to meet. The next time you are in town do drop me a message.

Alisha

Hi Alisha, Thank you for your reply. Next time we are there, I will contact you. Would have loved to meet you.