King Fahd causeway(saudi arabia-bahrain)

Hi! I'm from eastern province of saudi arabia and we're planning to go bahrain this coming hajj vacation.. We have a friend who can drive us from al ahsa until the middle island of king fahd causeway (saudi arabia). Is it possible to walk through the immigration and be picked up and driven off by a bahrain resident which is our friend also at the causeway of bahrain? Thank you.

Taranee wrote:

Hi! I'm from eastern province of saudi arabia and we're planning to go bahrain this coming hajj vacation.. We have a friend who can drive us from al ahsa until the middle island of king fahd causeway (saudi arabia). Is it possible to walk through the immigration and be picked up and driven off by a bahrain resident which is our friend also at the causeway of bahrain? Thank you.

No you can't walk across. You must be in a car to pass through. You can take a rental car from causeway on the Saudi side to drive you through to Bahrain.

Thank you.. Do you have any idea how much the rate for the taxi?

Not sure as I haven't used them but the going rate for a Bahrain trip is around 300 SAR.   You may be able to negotiate as you are only going a short distance.

On the same note, How long is the morning and afternoon commute to and from Al Khobar on the Causeway these days. I heard they recently made some improvements to the process. Has that helped the wait time?

On the Bahrain side, they changed the layout of immigration counters which has helped a lot. I have never waited more than 30 minutes in the recent past whereas before this, Bahrain was the bottleneck and I have wasted an hour or two. I usually come over at peak time ie Thursday around 8.

Thanks, That's good to hear.

Also a tip for the Saudi side, stay on extreme right after custom slip, no matter how long the line looks as the last line on the right opens into an area with 4 immigration counters as opposed to one everywhere else. So it moves way faster. Frequent travellers know this and you can easily save 30-40 mins on Saudi side if causeway is full.

Second option is line on extreme left next to bus and student line IF it is open.