Approved EP & with IPA but still here in PH but will relocate soon

My post was deleted may be for some reasons but anyway my son got approved of his E pass and he's leaving next week.  He graduated in one of the post graduate school in Singapore, got an internship in a bank located in central Singapore holding a student pass before.

He will come to Singapore for Medical and to wait for the Issuance of his EP My questions are:

1. He's leaving with a visit visa here in Philippines and has a return ticket but no hotel booking. Is there a possibility that the Immigration officer hold or offload him? He's a fresh grad so no work since he'll be working in Singapore. So his main purpose would be "As a tourist".

2. His address is needed for the disembarkation card and where the EP will be delivered.  Is it fine to put an HDB address when he only has an IPA? We read a thread where there's lot of issues when choosing an HDB compared to condos/apartments.

3. Any suggestions for hospital/clinic for Medical Exam for EP? Is it only walk-in or by appointment?

Thanks everyone!

bern_quiazon wrote:

My post was deleted may be for some reasons but anyway my son got approved of his E pass and he's leaving next week.  He graduated in one of the post graduate school in Singapore, got an internship in a bank located in central Singapore holding a student pass before.

He will come to Singapore for Medical and to wait for the Issuance of his EP My questions are:

1. He's leaving with a visit visa here in Philippines and has a return ticket but no hotel booking. Is there a possibility that the Immigration officer hold or offload him? He's a fresh grad so no work since he'll be working in Singapore. So his main purpose would be "As a tourist".

2. His address is needed for the disembarkation card and where the EP will be delivered.  Is it fine to put an HDB address when he only has an IPA? We read a thread where there's lot of issues when choosing an HDB compared to condos/apartments.

3. Any suggestions for hospital/clinic for Medical Exam for EP? Is it only walk-in or by appointment?

Thanks everyone!

To begin with my response, I must tell you that Expat forum guidelines say that do NOT post a message other than English. I have to hide your post because you and another member were talking in your local language. You both can talk using PM but not in public threads. Hope this clarifies you that why your post was removed after several hours of posting.

Now, back to important thing, i.e. to answer your queries. Please read my responses below:

1. Do you live here or any of your relatives? If yes, ask your Son to mention your or your relative address along with contact number. Thereafter, shouldn't be an issue. If no one stays here, then mention institute campus where he was staying earlier. Or else let us know how he is going to stay here on his arrival, mention that address.

2. I would suggest to mention bank address (after checked with HR), if bank doesn't want (by right it should be employer's address where the work pass card should be delivered) then he may mention your or your relatives resident address. No such issues if you select HDB instead of condos.

3. He can visit any SingHealth clinic for medical check up, no prior appointment is required, which is cheaper or else can visit private clinic, carry MoM medical check up form and IPA letter for smooth process.

Good luck

Thank you Surya! Should my son show the Singapore immigration officer his IPA or should he just keep it unless asked? Do the immigration officers have a record that he received the IPA letter already?

We don't have a relative with the same surname but we do have a family friend. Is it fine to put their address first in the disembarkation card?

He should show his IPA letter (this is a legal letter which permits him to work here. Yes, ICA system can show he has approved IPA letter. Immigration officer will refer him to check & confirm by ICA officers who just seat at the corner of immigration point) then immigration officer won't ask his return ticket.
He can write your relatives address and contact number, immigration officer is NOT going to match someone's surname. But, officer MAY call the number for verification purposes. So, the family relative must know about this. Good luck

Hi again surya I'd like to ask if the immigration officer in the Philippines also has an IPA record because this is where I will be coming from or is it just for Singapore only. Thank you

You should write clearly in order to avoid confusion.

Your country immigration officer won't have. They will rely on the IPA letter issued by Singapore authority. If you have any doubt on this then better check with your local immigration office.

I stand corrected surya. Thank you for the great tips.

You wrote he has an approved EP, IPA in hand (which is his entry visa) AND wants to enter with a tourist visa?
The ONLY reason to do that is if he wants to exit the country agin and re-enter witth IPA before he starts work.
If he plans to start work right away, he should enter with the iPA to avoid confusion. No tourist visa is needed in this case!

Philippines has a diferent rules when somebody will work in singapore or any asian country. Its a really a hassle to get all the documents even if you have papers from singapore and an ipa you still have to go to seminars and all for the goverments.

People try to go out/leave the country thru tourist visa.
@beppi

@Kristen hi... to add on there advices, pls dnt ever show iPA to immigration officers in Philippine Airport. They will ask you to go for POEA seminar etc etc. piece of advise, ask your son to depart via Cebu. To be clear pls refer to points below :

Philippine immig : leave as tourist and prepare air ticket, place to stay in SG

Singapore immig : show IPA, that would be of so much ease