Ancestral Visa for the UK

Good afternoon.

I busy preparing the documents for my Ancestral Visa.
I am wondering if one of the requirements is to have accommodation there in the UK, please advise me on this.
If it was one of the requirements it would be on the official Gov.uk site which it isn't
As I don't want to book a hotel as its very expensive.

HELP

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There are no accommodation requirements related to a UK ancestral visa. 

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Stacy,
They would prefer you to show some form of accommodation or at least proof their of in your application.The word being preferred.A letter of invitation or even a rental agreement to show to that effect.
I came on the Ancestry route.
I can provide you with a service in assist you with getting the required job /and r application for a job letter as well as ways in which to get accommodation letters sorted,
Roy

Thanks when did you get your Ancestral Visa

Ok thanks. Just that I spoke to so people saying you do.

stacyh84 wrote:

Ok thanks. Just that I spoke to so people saying you do.

It makes no reference to it on the UKGov website, which is where they post the visa requirements; if you discover that you do need it, please come back and let us know so we can better advise future members when they ask.

Just out of interest, where do you plan to stay when you move?

When you applied for your an Ancestral Visa did you need it.
Also when did you apply for your Ancestral Visa

Hello my son just got his ancestry visa. You do not need to have a job or apartment lined up. We did not have that. All we did was send printouts of places for rent we looked at from websites and jobs we were looking at to show that we were doing something in advance of arriving. was it totally necessary? I don't think so, they just want to believe that you will be seeking work when you arrive. Did it help? I am sure it did.
You will need also to show some money on your account for the last six months or so. Some recommend a minimum of 1600 pounds. You can also have a someone sponsor you also as a whole or as a backup. HTH Kilroy

Thanks.
I know about the jobs.
About the apartments that's a relief.

Did you use immigration lawyer or did you apply on your own.

When I said accommodation I meant someone that you can stay with. Before you move into apartment.
Did your son have to show that with his application.

I did not use a lawyer we did it ourselves.
We just put a hotel on the application, no reservations or booking proof,  and sent printouts of flats we were looking at to rent , I think they know you cannot pay for a place without knowing if you will get the visa. I would suggest though to be sure just book some bnb on booking dot com or airbnb for a week then cancel later before the penalty phase kicks in.
Once you do that and show printouts of flats you were looking at online you should be ok. Kilroy

Thanks but I Airbnb expensive but I will try again for a week and bnbdot.com

I mean I find Airbnb expensive

depends on the area you are looking. you can book a hostel if you want.  we put travel lodge as our place we would initially stay.  I paid for one day after he got the visa. may pay for more after we arrive if necessary.