Newbie looking for a job in Singapore

Hi all, my name is Andre and am from Kenya but completing my studies in Malaysia. I have been in Malaysia for 8 years now and completed degree, masters and now ACCA (Professional coarse). I would really like to work and live in Singapore plus my girlfriend works in Singapore but she is Malaysian. Any advice on how i can secure a job in Singapore with my qualifications? Thank you in advance. am currently in Singapore for a short visit.

If you read in various forums here, we have informed numerous times that foreign Graduate freshers have a very little chance to get a job here, the reason is that the employer has to justify why they want to hire a foreigner who is a fresher instead of hiring a local.

I would suggest first get PR in Malaysia and try job there, get few years of experiences then try in Singapore. In between, you can marry your Malaysian gf so that you will get PR there (easier way to get PR) and later can try here (even she can sponsor you (come as DP holder) if her salary is more than $6k). Good luck

Thank you so so much for your advice. I will do as you suggest as that's the best option for now. I really do appreciate and this is a great forum.

Surya is of course right that the chances to get job and visa in Singapore are low for a fresh graduate, but that should not stop you from trying to apply for applicable jobs you find in the usual online joib boards (see related threads on this forum). Just don't put too much hope into it, and have a plan B (the one Surya mentioned is good!).

Thank you so much for your advice too.i have been applying for jobs under JobStreet and also trying to apply via some agents and hope I can get a good job and as you say, I have a plan B too. Thank you