Sex Areas In Budapest

Hi All,

Genuine question - What areas/distrticts, if any, are to be avoided with regards to sex clubs, street hookers and so on in Budapest? Also, do street hookers approach you or leave you alone as you pass their area/street? Finally: Are street hookers, sex bars, etc all day long or just in the evening?

Thanks

I don't remember down in Budapest but you often see them by the side of the road when driving around.  I've seen them in industrial areas as well, hanging about on the off chance.  Some towns have "nightclubs" and they are pretty obvious places.   The street versions don't see to  go out of their way to attract custom and seem to ignore people - either they are smoking or on their phones. But it's obvious what they are.  Bear in mind, they have minders usually close by.  I've seen them dropped off by minibus and tough guys circulating by car every hour or so, around checking on each one (and presumably taking the takings off them). Not welfare checks as such.

The street hookers are all gypsies (in the UK you mistakenly call them "romanians"), and they're pretty much everywhere, if you'd go to the underpass at the nyugati railway station, you'll see a few of them standing around, waiting for customers. Sometimes they approach you on the street, especially in the evening. There are also sites for "freelance girls", videkilany.hu, rosszlanyok.hu, where you can filter by features (busty/slender/blonde/etc) or services (atm/oral/prostate massage), whatever rocks your boat.  :top:

Just don't forget that the Lord Jesus is always watching!  :blink:  :par:

It's always men that know these things ;)

Thanks for the replies - Is it safe to say the street hookers operate only in the night (i.e. after 9pm) or do they operate in the daytime too? The reason I ask is because I have been to other parts of Hungary where they operate late afternoon onwards and near shopping centres (malls) without a care for the general public (i.e. they don't care if families see them patrolling the streets).

Also, are we talking about them operating in certain, tourist, districts or are they in virtually every neighbourhood?

They're mostly around underpasses and shopping malls, and some roads in industrial areas, like Gubacsi street.

JohnUK2018 :

Thanks for the replies - Is it safe to say the street hookers operate only in the night (i.e. after 9pm) or do they operate in the daytime too? The reason I ask is because I have been to other parts of Hungary where they operate late afternoon onwards and near shopping centres (malls) without a care for the general public (i.e. they don't care if families see them patrolling the streets).

Also, are we talking about them operating in certain, tourist, districts or are they in virtually every neighbourhood?

They are certainly not in all districts. Don't know about less fancy parts of Budapest. On the outlying areas or industrial areas, they actually work anytime of the day.  But I'd say, summer, from about 12'ish until sundown.  Winter, sometimes you see them but obviously they have a place nearby for entertaining clients or they make do in the client vehicle.  We pass them in the car with the kids and no-one really cares - us or them - as they are way outside in the countryside.   I have been startled by them once or twice when I've been out on my mountain bike - you might go around a corner on a rough track and find folks doing business (in a car).

Thanks All for the info. Now I know what types of place to avoid.

No worries, we knew you needed this for a research or something like that!  ;)

I just had to answer this, sort of a funny question.
If you're not looking then why worry, no street walker is going to force you into anything.

Bout 4 or so years back while I was walking a good 20 feet behind my senior aged Hungarian husband using my crutches, ( long running sentence) a young women walked over to him on a major blvd.
He was carrying a bag of groceries and minding his own business.
I saw the whole thing go down, good for the "chicky" that she had moved on before I got close enough to tell her off.

She went up to my clean old husband ,probably thought he didn't have any STD's, she spoke in Hungarian to him and asked if he could give her 2,000Fornits but in a way that was pretty much like she was offering services for pay.
he told her nicely but firmly to "pissoff".
Guess he is still a "lady killer in his old age".

Ok so back around 2000 or so we were on a family holiday in Hungary, visiting granny.
Our son was 23 24 years old and came with us. He met his future HU wife on that trip.
Ok so the 3 of us had walked everywhere and we were beat.
We drove our car into Budapest, a big old Audi with NV plates on it, we had shipped the car over in 1990. Was older but had spent 10 years in granny's garage.
My son and I sat on a bench on Vaci Utca while my husband collected the car from where it was parked.
I sat down and then my son did.
It was a double sided bench and 2 working women were eating some sort of cup a soup behind us.
The bolts on the bench were very old and loose so when my son sat down, all 6'3" of him it shook hard.
Those w...
"things" behind us got all nasty with their big mouths, My son said sorry to be  nice but he did nothing wrong, not his fault the bench was falling apart.
Those 2 things just wouldn't let it go, kept saying rude stuff to my son.
I had enough, I got up turned around and confronted the 2 of them, called them a few words, a very common one that translates into "working women" rhythms with ," Karma".sort of more like Curv....I sat back down and we waited for the car again.
Those 2 nasty things walked away and came back with a loud mouth Russian dude, one of those big bald tough over weight, badasses, or so they think they are( probably  a bed wetter ).
This guy wanted to take on my son, I saw how big he was and told my son to RUN, I followed running after him.
This lout actually tried to run after us but his gut was in the way. Just when I started to be sorry I said anything, my husband comes around the corner in the car, we jumped in and I tell him to hit the gas.
Loved the surprised dumb expression on that tugs face as we drove off ,"Vegas style". at least the plates were Vegas style on the car.
My husband later got upset though said if he had been a bit later he may of had to break up a beat down, have to bring his crow bar out and do some real damage on that guy to protect us and bla.bla, bla we weren't in the states and these people are animals here, he didn't want to kill someone because we couldn't just walk away and be quiet.
Guess he had a good point but those women, their nasty rude remarks just made me want to shut them both up.
Can't mess with a mom after all. That Pimp Russian was a good 250 lbs and my boy was about 150.I am all mouth and no action, only a skinny thing myself.
Lesson learned, just don't talk and walk away fast.
They seem to have cleaned up Vaci Utca over the decade or so.
We also used to see these "ladies" on the side of the road going on the old road to Balaton, near the bushes...

Marilyn Tassy :

Lesson learned, just don't talk and walk away fast.
They seem to have cleaned up Vaci Utca over the decade or so.
We also used to see these "ladies" on the side of the road going on the old road to Balaton, near the bushes...

Great story Marilyn!

My own experiences are to be as polite as possible, even apologetic as yup, round the corner is the thick necked illiterate Russian/Ukrainian dude with a bad attitude.  Just big smiles, thank you, you are very nice but I'm on my way somewhere very important, like Aldi/Lidl, and my wife/partner doesn't like me to be late but good luck to you and enjoy your evening/afternoon/day.  Then switch to overdrive and walk fast but not run out of there.

Those ladies are still in the bushes.  And probably the same ones you saw but somewhat older.

Once while we were taking a beautiful ride in the countryside on fine spring day in Hungary, we passed through a quaint little village. Just like a movie set, in the distance we could see a old man in a fishing boat with what looked like a grandson, lines in the water, horses little old homes  etc.
We turned a bend in the road and BAM, there was a black women in a cheap blonde wig wearing a pink nightie standing on the side of the road!!!! Unreal, I am not kidding it was a real shock to the system after the previous setting.
When that young women approached my husband she gave him some song and dance about being a "poor student"... Not sure what 2,000 F could of bought him but not really wanting to know either.
My husband was super mad at me for not shutting my pie hole with those 2 mad women. He , ok, I'll blow on my nails and shine them on my sleeve,  told me I had too much class to even exchange a word with those sorts. Ok, at least he gave me a compliment even if a back handed one.

Welcome back Marilyn :)

SimCityAT :

Welcome back Marilyn :)

Thanks, needed a break .
I now wonder if anyone has ever known a "sex worker" as a personal connection?
I know several Hungarian men who lived in the uS and visited HUngary and met their wives in the sex industry while on holiday.
Yes, leave it to me to open up Pandora's Box and ask the odd questions.

I mentioned before that I was told as a 17 year old in Hollywood that I was the doppelganger of a 18 year old who lived in SF.
She was known in LA before she moved up north.
Well one evening while enjoying the club, not even sure which one, maybe it was the Whiskey, I was informed that ,"Babs" was in the club.
We met in the ladies room, ( meeting in the ladies room) I was shocked really shocked because she did look almost exactly like me. More so then even my older sister and I looked alike.We even moved the same way etc. Really creepy stuff.
Only difference really was her hair was thicker and I would say better then mine, even our voices were the same.
She however freaked me out because she was known up in SF as being a S&M sex worker, used to walk down the street cracking a whip from what I heard!
Seriously not my thing at all. No bull whips for me!!
I personally find it rather sad that anyone would have to do that for a living.
The odd thing was seeing Babs was knowing she was the "evil" version of what I could be!
On another note, it turns out we dated the same guy for a bit, think he may of confused me with old Babs because, mama don't play that game!!
Same dumb but cute guy dated my sister after I realised he was too much for me.

she was known up in SF as being a S&M sex worker, used to walk down the street cracking a whip from what I heard!

Perhaps you could get her number and PM it to me so I know who not to call, please.

Fred :

she was known up in SF as being a S&M sex worker, used to walk down the street cracking a whip from what I heard!

Perhaps you could get her number and PM it to me so I know who not to call, please.

Funny but by now she is probably not with us, that sort of lifestyle usually doesn't lead to a long and healthy life.

Odd story here, back in 1971 my husband was living in Paris, France as a newbie HU refugee.
He and his other ex-pats from HU met some older HU men in the city who had formerly been in the French Foreign Legion during WW11.
One of the old guys had been an officer at that time and used to tell wild stories from the war years to these young guys.
He also used to procure the services of a st. walker, guess that guy was in his late 60's or so.
He told these young guys that he was saving up to see his "lady" because she double charged him because he was so slow. Sad.

Marilyn Tassy :

He also used to procure the services of a st. walker, guess that guy was in his late 60's or so.
He told these young guys that he was saving up to see his "lady" because she double charged him because he was so slow. Sad.

Maybe it should have  been 1/2 price as she wasn't up to the job?

We were in Lusaka, Zambia once and a lot of ladies of the night hang out near the big hotels.  I was relating how Mrs Fluffy and I dodged them each night when we went out for dinner. 

One of my colleagues always said, do you really want to dip your wick in that petri dish? 

Too right.

fluffy2560 :
Marilyn Tassy :

Maybe it should have  been 1/2 price as she wasn't up to the job?

We were in Lusaka, Zambia once and a lot of ladies of the night hang out near the big hotels.  I was relating how Mrs Fluffy and I dodged them each night when we went out for dinner. 

One of my colleagues always said, do you really want to dip your wick in that petri dish? 

Too right.

Just one word... YUCK!
I never could understand why anyone would pay for such a "treat".
Just another world away from my mind set.
The way my husband told the story of that old Hu guy in Paris was too funny. The old guy saw her on the street with all the young guys nearby and he called out to her that he was going to look her up soon again, she yelled out to him that the price was double because he was too much work. Really classy...

Marilyn Tassy :

..... he called out to her that he was going to look her up soon again, she yelled out to him that the price was double because he was too much work. Really classy...

Haha, well again, I'd say inefficient worker for "social services". 

It's piece work production line.

I know people here who have indulged and the reports were that it was very business like and almost precision in execution time wise.

Cash upfront!

OK, not sure what to say about some of your contacts....
No judgements just kidding around.
I do find it disgusting though when a worker bothers a person who is clearly with a spouse  or partner. I mean, how rude can they be?!
In Vegas not sure they still do this or not but they used to have all these illegals looking for a few bucks, hand out sex papers on the Strip. A sort of newspaper with listing and phone numbers if anyone got "lonely" in Vegas.
They handed them to just about everyone even people who were with the families ,kids in tow etc. Just a nasty business.
When my husband was driving a cab in Vegas he once got a ride to the "Ranch" it was a big deal to get one of those rides, really a flat rate of a few hundred bucks for the driver, he had to go into the cab. co and they gave the OK for the cab to be out of service for hours and gave the drivers extra tires in case of a flat. The ranches are a few hours out of Vegas.

Marilyn Tassy :

OK, not sure what to say about some of your contacts....
No judgements just kidding around.
I do find it disgusting though when a worker bothers a person who is clearly with a spouse  or partner. I mean, how rude can they be?!
In Vegas not sure they still do this or not but they used to have all these illegals looking for a few bucks, hand out sex papers on the Strip. A sort of newspaper with listing and phone numbers if anyone got "lonely" in Vegas.
They handed them to just about everyone even people who were with the families ,kids in tow etc. Just a nasty business.
When my husband was driving a cab in Vegas he once got a ride to the "Ranch" it was a big deal to get one of those rides, really a flat rate of a few hundred bucks for the driver, he had to go into the cab. co and they gave the OK for the cab to be out of service for hours and gave the drivers extra tires in case of a flat. The ranches are a few hours out of Vegas.

Gives a whole new concept to Ranch Dressing.  But interesting how organised they were for tyres.  That's service for you.  Always  useful to have spare rubber items to hand.  Sorry, easy joke, I had to put that in...so to speak.

Weird stuff when driving with the Mrs in those odd areas is that they do indeed wave at us.  I am not sure what achieves. Either they don't care or they think we're looking for a group party. 

In the UK, they put "cards" in the phone boxes - or used to.  The phone company used to send people out to clean them out every so often.  The police were supposedly collecting them at one point with a view to using for vice detection.  I reckon it all fizzled out as a crime campaign as no-one uses phone boxes these days.

Personally I'm in favour of regulation for that stuff and proper controls.  People will do it anyway so it should be organised for safety of the worker and the client.   Treating everyone is criminals isn't doing much for anyone.  Bit like drug addicts in The Netherlands - treat it more an illness than a crime - but try telling that to the DEA etc.  It's inevitable that hash will become legal everywhere as everywhere has lost the war on at least that drug.

Many prostitutes are really there of their own free will, many being victims of someone, something, or themselves.
"Rude" isn't even a consideration if your pimp slaps you when you don't earn enough or your next bag of smack is still a customer away.
I don't hang around with or use those 'services' but I like to observe everything I come across so I took a superficial look at the industry as far as a wander into a few red light districts allow.
London's Soho is a dump, a significant number of the ladies having eyes that were chemical in appearance, the same being true of some I met in Jakarta and KL, but Soho was far worse.
I noticed a small brothel just outside Chinatown in London so I hung around in a cafe to see how many men went in. Three numbers on the door, and 7 men in two hours.
Even if the 'chickens' (common term used by the Chinese) are drug free, that sort of activity must mess up their minds as well as exposing them to a lot of danger.
As a note, many Chinese prostitutes in the UK are forced into the trade to pay off debts to snakehead gangs that smuggle them into the UK. Using them is essentially rape.
One girl I'd known for years turned chicken because she ran out of cash, had nowhere to go, and was illegal with no idea how to get home. Pity I didn't know what was happening until too late because I knew how she could return to Malaysia without paying for the flight so could have saved her from it.
Sad old business and something I won't be contributing to or, if I ever do, I'll chop my own bits off in self disgust so I won't repeat my stupidity.

Fred :

As a note, many Chinese prostitutes in the UK are forced into the trade to pay off debts to snakehead gangs that smuggle them into the UK. Using them is essentially rape.
One girl I'd known for years turned chicken because she ran out of cash, had nowhere to go, and was illegal with no idea how to get home. Pity I didn't know what was happening until too late.....

I think if she wanted to get out she could ask for help in the UK, even from random passing coppers and even if she doesn't speak English.  Coppers are pretty good at sussing the situation.  If she was under threat from gangs in the UK or elsewhere, then she'd probably be allowed to stay in the UK and be moved to another part of the country. Sending her back to China or wherever would probably mean a threat of violence and therefore violate her human rights.

fluffy2560 :

I think if she wanted to get out she could ask for help in the UK, even from random passing coppers and even if she doesn't speak English.  Coppers are pretty good at sussing the situation.  If she was under threat from gangs in the UK or elsewhere, then she'd probably be allowed to stay in the UK and be moved to another part of the country. Sending her back to China or wherever would probably mean a threat of violence and therefore violate her human rights.

She was from Malaysia - she entered the UK on a six month working holiday visa (They were common at the time) and stayed for five years in order to earn enough cash to set herself up in Malaysia.
Illegal but I have little problem with that as these kids are just trying to get a start in life then return home with little or no damage caused to their host country save a bit of tax loss.
Loads used to do it, then go home with enough money to buy a house, thus freeing themselves from debt when they marry.
Some failed in epic fashion as happened with her. She took up with a boyfriend, a fat, lazy sod who didn't like to work so he sent her off to do that while he played computer games, then forced her to go on the game to support him.
She was illegal and had nobody to help her out, and didn't call me. I'd known her for five years and would have helped her out if I could. I had some Chinese girls staying at my place at that time and there would have been room to put her up if she'd told me what was going on.
Her financial and legal status in the UK wouldn't have changed but at least she would have been with a bunch of girls and in a safe place.
The reason I had a bunch of Chinese and Malaysian girls in my place is long and complex (I'll tell you the story if you wish), but nothing bad was going on save a touch of immoral stuff from time to time if one was feeling lonely.
Boy - girl - it happens

Point is, I could have got her away from that unpleasant trade.

"I think if she wanted to get out she could ask for help in the UK, even from random passing coppers and even if she doesn't speak English."

That just doesn't happen in part because the gangs would make sure there were repercussions with her family back in China. You don't walk out on a debt with these people. Which is, sadly, why anyone thinking of helping out needs to first consider the whole picture and all the possible consequences.

I knew that girl very well, even to the point of visiting her parents in Malaysia.
I love exploring places tourists don't even know exist so it was a real treat for me.

zif :

"I think if she wanted to get out she could ask for help in the UK, even from random passing coppers and even if she doesn't speak English."

That just doesn't happen in part because the gangs would make sure there were repercussions with her family back in China. You don't walk out on a debt with these people. Which is, sadly, why anyone thinking of helping out needs to first consider the whole picture and all the possible consequences.

I did think of that as I was posting it and wondered if I was making a poor generalisation.

I have read about cases where the entire family has sent the person to a better life (not knowing it's actually sexual servitude/slavery) in the hope that person can benefit the wider family. 

There is or was a campaign (in the UK) recently to get people who are slaves rescued without deportation threats and I believe it has nabbed quite a few of these individual slaves (not gang related).

Anyway, plenty of stuff describing cases like that on the web.

Haha 'to avoid', right.

Back in 2000 we were on vacation here in HU for 6 months.
Rented a house at lake Velence but the owners wanted their house for a few weeks during the summer and we wanted to spend more time in the city so we rented a short term flat in the 5th district.
Our son was 23 or 24 at the time and came with us to Hungary.
He was wanting to find himself a HU lady, he found one and got married but before that he did some wild dating.
We used to ask him to come on day trips with us but he always refused to come along.
I felt bad that he was alone and just staying in the flat.
Boy, I can be a sucker at times!
Come to find out after the fact that he wanted us gone all day long so he could bring a few ladies at a time over to the flat!!
God only knows where he found them!
I was very lucky that no items were missing with all these ladies coming and going.
I am always deceived by my boy's young innocent looks, red hair and being all sweet acting in front of us.
Never knew he could actually be so wild as any other single young man might dream of being.
Never judge a book by it's cover I suppose.

Wish someone would post on this subject .
I really don't like seeing my name on the link with "sex areas" linked to it.
Today is Valentines Day so perhaps someone can add some more info on this raunchy subject.

Marilyn Tassy :

As a perfect gentleman, I will associate myself with dodgy sexual activities in order to save your honour.

Fred :
Marilyn Tassy :

As a perfect gentleman I will associate myself with dodgy sexual activities in order to save your honour.

Well done Fred.

But someone could post here disassociating as well!

Oh damn, now I'm top of the list ......

But anyways, what's dodgy? 

With adults and mutual consent and not coercion or  trafficking etc etc,.... surely just about anything goes......... (leading question to get some else to post and take the lead......evil laugh.. :cool: )

fluffy2560 :

Well done Fred.

The lady is welcome

fluffy2560 :

No longer, brave sir

fluffy2560 :

The annual human trafficking report for 2017 was less than good news for that country, suggesting the government hardly bothered implementing anti trafficking strategies.

Add the problems of STDs, drug abuse so common amongst ladies of the night, and divorces when wives found out their husbands were horizontal jogging with ladies (or otherwise) of the oldest profession, and it's all a bit dodgy.

Oh, and you ttping gets really bud if youre tryimg to poost whun uusing ther servives

Fred :
fluffy2560 :

Well done Fred.

The lady is welcome

fluffy2560 :

No longer, brave sir

fluffy2560 :

The annual human trafficking report for 2017 was less than good news for that country, suggesting the government hardly bothered implementing anti trafficking strategies.

Add the problems of STDs, drug abuse so common amongst ladies of the night, and divorces when wives found out their husbands were horizontal jogging with ladies (or otherwise) of the oldest profession, and it's all a bit dodgy.

I could - just to be contrary - say that they provide a service for th elderly and the disabled or otherwise in need.   

I notice those standing on the side of the road look like they could be the desperate, possibly feeding a substance abuse habit or even trafficked.  But others are in it for the money.  I have a contact who has another contact  in that business and it's simply for the cash.

Having lived in the Netherlands, it's highly regulated there and sex workers are monitored and allowed to work in safe spaces.  Reeperbahn as well in Germany.  I was there - for tourism not for the other - and I found it interesting to see but all rather "fake".   Even in Amsterdam, perhaps 90-95% of the people walking through are simply  tourists.

fluffy2560 :

I could - just to be contrary - say that they provide a service for th elderly and the disabled or otherwise in need.

I'm old, fat, ugly, and have the personality of a dung beetle so perhaps I should pop over.
Now, please stop posting on this thread so I can be associated with prostitution.

Smart way of finding info,and to try adventures :)