Relocating from PH to Germany

We are a family of 4 from the PH and planning to move to Berlin, Germany. My kids are 9 and 10 yrs old. I was just wondering if how much would be the decent salary (NET per month) for a family like us living in Germany.  The taxation is somewhat a bit confusing.  From a gross salary of 5000 per month, how much prolly will be the NET? Can we already live comfortably with that amount of salary per month?

Btw, I'm a Senior Developer/Architect here in the PH and I am earning a decent amount of salary in the PH much higher than the usual but we plan to move since aside from a much good opportunity abroad for work. I value the great benefits the country has in terms of insurance, healthcare, transportation, school/education for my kids and safety.

There are websites that calculate an approximate tax burden. I will set a link below. I put in € 5000/month for Berlin with 2 kids and come up with € 3374 left after taxes, public retirement dues, public health insurance, unemplyment insurance etc. This amount is plenty for a good life and to save a bit for the future but don't expect to get rich. Some foreigners underestimate the costs and think they can live in luxury on such a slaary and still save 10,000 Euros a year. That is not possible.

https://www.brutto-netto-rechner.info/

As Tom already mentioned above, this is an above average, but not outstanding pay for a family of four. You will live well (by German standards), but do not expect to be able to afford luxuries like international school for your kids or a yearly flight home for the whole family.

@TominStuttgart & @beppi: Thank you for your replies.

Getting very rich and to have a super luxurious life is really not our priority as of the moment. I think this will come along after when we are already settled & get a much good offers with other companies in the future. Also, I think if we plan to live there for good, I think international school is not an option. What our priority now is to migrate to another country that can provide good benefits for everyone esp health care/job and provide a much better future for our kids in terms of education and more comfortable with a safe living/environment.

dams1021 wrote:

@TominStuttgart & @beppi: Thank you for your replies.

Getting very rich and to have a super luxurious life is really not our priority as of the moment. I think this will come along after when we are already settled & get a much good offers with other companies in the future. Also, I think if we plan to live there for good, I think international school is not an option. What our priority now is to migrate to another country that can provide good benefits for everyone esp health care/job and provide a much better future for our kids in terms of education and more comfortable with a safe living/environment.

Well, those are exactly the things that Germany is known for; safety, good schools and health care. A note about International schools. They cost at least 10,000 Euros or more a year. To afford such cost means one is very well paid or having the school paid for as a fringe benefit. Few foreigners coming can afford this. Where it might come into consideration is for the first year as a child learns the local language. After a year there is usually no reason not to attend a public school. The public school system is usually good and provides free schooling through University.

Great! Will take note of that!  :)