Looking for people involved with online culture in China

Hi everyone, I'm currently visiting Shenzhen for a research project and I'd love to get in touch with some people who are working in a branche related to mobile internet/smartphones.

Currently I am a Master student in New Media at the University of Amsterdam and I'm visiting China for my thesis research.

I'm looking for interviewees for my research to share visions and opinions, which I will eventually use to write up my thesis. My research project is about the social impact mobile internet has on the urban Chinese society. I want to address the social implications of this technology and see how the factors of mobility, anytime/anywhere information access manifest within a specific society.

I'm going to interview different people in the field of digital media in general and mobile internet in urban China, I'm just looking for some opinions on the subject matter. I will be here in Shenzhen until approximately 16th of May. 

Please let me know if you want to help me out!

Jidi

Hi Jidi,

Your topic has been moved on the Shenzhen forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Jidi

If you need any assistance email me on [email protected].  I've lived here for 3 years, Penglai (rural China).  I may have some leads for you.  However, I depart here on 12 May.

Kathie