The nightlife scene in Portugal

Hello,

Having access to a good nightlife scene can be a determining factor for many expats upon choosing their next destination. Tell us more about the nightlife in Portugal.

In Portugal, what is the nighlife culture like: is it common for people to go out at night? Is there a big difference between the nightlife during the weekdays and weekends?

What are the most popular evening or nighttime activities (e.g. bars, nightclubs, shows, cultural activities, etc.)?

Is it safe to venture out in the evening and at night in Portugal?

Is there anything in particular that surprised you about the nightlife in Portugal?

Are there any apps or websites (or any other resources) that would help in staying informed about evening and nighttime activities?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

Hope you´re well.

The nightlife is definitely a big attraction of Portugal. There is a lot to do, many clubs, bars and coffee shops that are quite fun with a group of friends in the evenings.

I have encountered live music at a few restaurants which adds to the atmosphere, people are also very friendly which is nice. It is quite safe to venture out at night I have had many pleasant walks in the wee hours of the morning on my own and I never felt unsafe.

The biggest issue I have right now is navigating because I am not familiar with the areas just yet.
I use Facebook expat groups to find out what events are coming up. I went to a Medieval Festival two weeks ago and that was absolutely fantastic, very authentic!

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.