US Embassy in Cairo

I have to get my passport renewed, and I will have to go alone, as my husband and son have to go to the Mogamma.  I am so frightened because I can't take a cell phone inside, and the thieves across the street wanted 50 pounds last time to hold it. is there a respectable place where I can use a phone, and a respectable place I can meet my family later?

The US embassy policy regarding phones is dangerous at best for US citizens as it takes away your call for help in case of emergency.
I can see why they wouldn't want phones inside, but they should have a safe place to leave them as other embassies do.
Perhaps best to have a trusted person with you so you can leave your stuff with them.
No way should you leave it with a gangster.

LOL, the security guards leave the phones and cameras with a thief across the street. The first time you do this you trust them, until the "store" that has your stuff demands a ridiculous fee to return them, the soldiers are laughing, and you realize that the US Embassy security is getting a cut. The problem here is that we do not live in Cairo, and my family has to do business at the Egyptian government office nearby. None of us knows when we will be finished, and i am asking if anyone knows a safe store that i can call them from, and a safe cafe where I can meet them.

Good morning dear,
L inform me when wull you go yo the U.S.A embassy, and ill be there to  you holding your stuff for nothing in return.
I apology 2what happend with people around there, they were the perfection of safety and security.
Have a good day