Marriage Agreement and Divorce in Morocco

Dear All,

I am Italian and currently living in Doha, Qatar.

I am planning to marry my Moroccan fiancée.

Said that I do deeply trust her and respect her, I would like to know more about marriage agreement under Moroccan law.

I own some properties abroad and planning to buy a property and set up a business in morocco as well.

I would like to know the following:

1.In case of both city hall and religious marriage, in case of divorce what will happen to the properties?
1.a. Shall these be split 50% and 50% or will remain my sole property if registered under my name?

2. Can I specify the separation of the property ownership prior the marriage agreement?
2.a. If so, How can I do it?

I ask these just to be ready and prepared in case of any inconvenience it might occur in the future. As we do never know what happens tomorrow and I want to be ready just in case things don't work out as expected.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Dear Leonardo,

The best way to do it is to buy your property and build your business before marriage or you can make agreement with your fiancée about not sharing any thing if there is divorce because regarding the moroccan law  any of the partners who is suggesting divorce needs to pay  to the other an amount of money depending of how many years of marriage and how much you earn, but you can make agreement which will be safe for each of you and if you have property or business before marriage you will not have to split
I hope that my  suggestion will be helpful.