Cost of living, rent and activities in Kuwait

Hi Friends,
While I understand that there are many threads on same topic but I just needed to get a grip on things.
So I have been offered a salary of 2050 KWD. ( excluding confirmed bonus, performance bonus,medical etc ) which is separate. I am not sure if this is such a good deal.
My current salary in India is 31 lakhs per annum so ideally I would want an upgrade in lifestyle and not move parallely
I am single and no kids but I am 40 year old now. 
How much can I survive in
2BHK FLAT - relatively upscale
Second hand card but not usual sedan
Maids in Kuwait - cooking cleaning one meal a day.  ( can I leave the keys with my maid) in india my maid has the key and she comes cleans and cooks and leaves
What are other activities one can do in Kuwait.  I am fairly outgoing and a keen cyclist.
Ideally I would want to keep expenses in under 1000kwd without comprising on lifestyle.
Would be helpful if someone can give pointers.

Regds
Adiol

Hello, how did you get on? I'm moving to Kuwait in 2019 and have similar questions, so if you are there now and have found the answers I'd really appreciate if you'd share the information. Thanks!

2000 is a considered as good salary ,of course you can save 1000 plus ,let's keep 2bhk 500  furnished ,maid part time 75 kd 2 hours cooking and cleaning, grocery 150 ,entertainment 150 kd ,its not wise to keep keys with maid unless they are trustworthy

Thanks Vicky. That's just about exact.  I just shifted to an unfinished apartment and slowly building up :)

That's really helpful, thank you both. Unfurnished apartments are about 10-20% cheaper to rent I'm told, which means it makes sense to furnish it ourselves - and it would be to our taste then. Can you give me an idea of the cost of furniture? A double/king size bed, desk and chair, sofa, TV, kitchen appliances etc are the basics I suppose.
Also, is there a decent second had furniture market?

Oh yeah. I just picked up basic furniture. There's a sale at IKEA
Bed 89 kd after discount- was 119kd
Mattress , 2 almirahs , centre table and full sofa set 3+2 (all inclusive 500 kd)
Fridge, washing machine (front loading) , cooking range (attached grill types) - 344 kd.
Another 10-12 kd to get gas however cylinder is 7 kd. )
Utensils extra though I haven't completed my entire shopping but enough to move in the house.
My furniture is yet to arrive so Haris arranged for mattress and duvet for the time being.
Tv I'm picking a second hand one at 150kd but it's a 65 inch

Adil

Rainmaker21 wrote:

That's really helpful, thank you both. Unfurnished apartments are about 10-20% cheaper to rent I'm told, which means it makes sense to furnish it ourselves - and it would be to our taste then. Can you give me an idea of the cost of furniture? A double/king size bed, desk and chair, sofa, TV, kitchen appliances etc are the basics I suppose.
Also, is there a decent second had furniture market?

During the summer season it is common for a lot of expats/families to leave the country and you can have some really good deals on second hand furniture. We got everything we needed for living room / bedroom / kitchen for less than 200 KWD.

There is also an used furniture market here, but I haven't personally used it:

https://goo.gl/maps/4wjzFaSmyHr

Of course there is Friday Market, but some stuff there can be a bit dingy. :)