DO NOT BRING DRUGS INTO INDONESIA

Edited by Fred

This thread is now hopelessly out of date so edited to remove ancient posts that are no longer valid so could confuse.

The basic facts are:

If you attempt to import drugs into Indonesia, you still risk a firing squad - That's far less likely at the moment but don't assume it won't happen

If you deal drugs, expect a lot of prison time, perhaps until you die

If you use drugs, you could find yourself in deep trouble and a few years locked up for possession of a a bit of whatever that might well be seen as nothing in many countries.

"I'm trying to think of a reason the court was wrong - but I can't"

Nor can I.  Moreover, this law is highly supported by the people of Indonesia.

/

This seems to be a general rule in Southeast Asia, most of the countries have had their own versions of war on drugs over the decades. Better safe than sorry.

Hi Fred, what I have seen a lot lately on Facebook is people asking others to take packages for them. One "charity" even asks to take rescued dogs to new homes overseas (why the hell would you do this??)

I keep saying in response anyone taking any package or animal for a stranger must be mad! Easy way to scam people into being mules.

Some people are willing to risk everything for a quick buck ,funny how the guy at the top never gets caught

Evil? Such actions have evil consequences, but I believe these people are downright stupid, greedy, careless, selfish fools as opposed to evil.

And the thing about fast-tracking executions/sentencing is of course that the authorities do not always get it right... Indonesia certainly being no exception to the rule.

I can't comment further... except... as much as it seems barbaric to take a life; the lives/potential lives of multiple others - impacted by traffickers must be considered above those who breach humane living practices.

Evil? Such actions have evil consequences, but I believe these people are downright stupid, careless, selfish fools as opposed to evil.

And the thing about fast-tracking executions/sentencing is of course that the authorities do not always get it right... Indonesia certainly being no exception to the rule.

I can't comment further... except;  as much as it seems barbaric to take a life; the lives/potential lives of multiple others - impacted by traffickers must be considered above those who breach humane living practices.

Yep Fred and yet again recently I moaned at some dolt wanting a dog taken by a stranger on Facebook and was called all sorts when I said "that's risky" to the volunteers (aka suckers).

Maybe Darwinism in action. Let the stupid people go to jail. I give up warning 'em!

I agree with Fred and Indonesian law about drug dealers. They are scum and should be shot. It is the only way to keep some control of them.The Philippine president is doing the same thing and I think its great. Even though the rest of the drug infested world doesn't agree.