Quickest way to obtain a job as an expat in Oz?

[b]  Good day beautiful people. [/b]

My name is Raluca-Sandra Moore. I am Romanian and married to an Australian citizen and we have been living in Macau until now. We are relocating to Oz, Sydney to his hometown and plan to head to the Gold Coast and live there as soon as possible.

I was wondering if, holding a Visitor visa 600 which ALLOWS me to take up a 3 month course of any kind on the premises of Australia, I could, perhaps go and try studying for a real estate agent permit and start seeking an agency which would allow me to work within their confinement.

Would I be able to start the process of becoming a real estate agent under my Tourist visa, then acquire a contract and perhaps apply for a visa change ( change to a Working Visa) on account of that contract ? Or should i just take the normal route and apply for the bridging visa?

I would really appreciate the counsel. Our main concern is the fact that I will not be able to work for a while if we take the normal route. Would it be a quicker way if I just applied for a job as a normal person. I guess the question is can a person just move to Australia holding a Tourist Visa, do a Course and apply for a visa change and start working? Is that a valid career path?

Thank you for reading and hope someone can offer some counsel to help me understand what i must do. Thank you kindly !

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Real estate agents are a dime a dozen on the Gold Coast. Not easy to break into the game there or anywhere in Oz.

As  your husband is an Oz citizen then you should be able to find work. You cannot work on a tourist visa. 

You need to check this website www.immi.gov.au  this is the govt immigration website to find out all about visas etc.

If you are married to an Australian, why didnt you apply for a spouse PR visa while living in Macau? That would have been the best course of action.

Partner Visa

stumpy wrote:

Real estate agents are a dime a dozen on the Gold Coast. Not easy to break into the game there or anywhere in Oz.

As  your husband is an Oz citizen then you should be able to find work. You cannot work on a tourist visa. 

You need to check this website www.immi.gov.au  this is the govt immigration website to find out all about visas etc.

This is misleading, if you are going to give advice let it be right. She cant just rock up in Australia and start working because the husband is Australian!

Thank you kindly for your response. I am very grateful🙏

That would have been fantastic indeed. We never really thought about it unfortunately but thank you very much for your help, we really appreciate the counsel🙏

GabrielaCooper wrote:
stumpy wrote:

This is misleading, if you are going to give advice let it be right. She cant just rock up in Australia and start working because the husband is Australian!

Please read my post carefully before replying. I stated 'should be able to find work'
Then, to make sure the OP was clear on requirements, I  posted the website for immigration / visa information.