Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors

My wife and I have bought a pre-construction Villa, and in all of our searches for property to buy here, or places we have stayed, we have not noticed any smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors in any units.  I imagine the carbon monoxide is not too much of an issue, with buildings not being air- tight and all that, but what about smoke detectors?  Is the concrete construction safer, so things don't burn?  Or the emergency response time too long, so it won't matter?

Smoke detectors are not common but should be. You can find them in bigger hardware stores.

Things burn but concrete doesn't.

The only response time that counts is how long it takes to get the hell out! People have no idea how few some or monoxide fume required to render one helpless. Furnishings, electrical stuff are deadly when overheated.  If you have pets a tick detector like the one Uncle Buck has is a godsend.  It is a terrible tick season here.  They suck on people too.  Check & make sure you have enough ground rods also. Minimum five feet in length. Lightning season isn't far off.  GFI's at every water source too, (kitchen, bath & laundry etc)  Thanks Buck

Oh Tinker, you rascal!  She is a pretty good alarm system and lump detector.  In my line of business, these items are crucial, so it was really obvious to me they were missing.  I'll bring a couple combo units with me when we move.

All you other folks, it really isn't a code!  We understand one another perfectly!

And that is scary Tinker!!! Hahaha

Planner, how could you say that when you know what we are talking about?  Take a deep breath & rejoyce in the fact that your nostrils are clear. ........not like so many of our breathern up north in the polluted cities.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Ground fault interrupters, electrical grounding copper rods pounded into the ground & connected to the electrical system to prevent shocks from your pipes & appliances etc, & that my dog had ticks. Is it all clear now? If further explication is required, PM me.