Managment Jobs - UK / English moving to HCMC

I have tried a few sites that list jobs.. Im guessing a lot of positions get listed for local employees and I accept that...  Companies should employ local staff first.

BUT... how long does it take to find a reasonable Office Manager job in HCMC for an English person ? either the salary is very low or they prefer Vietnamese person for the job.

tried vietnamworks / careerjet etc... any others that people can recommend ?

Jlgarbutt wrote:

... Companies should employ local staff first.

Isn't it 'must' not 'should'?

I believe that by law, employers must hire resident Vietnamese, except for "A manager, executive director or expert with technical skills and knowledge necessary for the job". Employer must demonstrate there are no qualified Vietnamese available. F'rinstance, native English teachers. I think rules are relaxed for foreign entities who import workers.

Basically the same as the US, which allocates H-1B visas for (mostly) Indians, East Asians, East Europeans to fill tech jobs (and push salaries down).

http://www.vietnam-briefing.com/news/expat-working-vietnam-comprehensive-work-visa-permit-guide.html/

It's gonna take that long, until someone can read your email AND they want to hire you. I send since about 13 years then and when some applications. Not for need, but I want to be a bit under people.
Average response on a thousand application are about 4 auto responses and some even 7 years after sending.
Wishing you good luck

Since the job you are seeking is a little bit special, in this case you'd better call for help of some job placement programs if you want to save time and find the right one.

Goabroad.com and gooversea.com are some of the websites that you can find such programs.
Here is the cheapest program that I can find in Vietnam: [link moderated]
This organization provides not only internship placement service but also job placement service.

Jlgarbutt wrote:

I have tried a few sites that list jobs.. Im guessing a lot of positions get listed for local employees and I accept that...  Companies should employ local staff first.

BUT... how long does it take to find a reasonable Office Manager job in HCMC for an English person ? either the salary is very low or they prefer Vietnamese person for the job.

tried vietnamworks / careerjet etc... any others that people can recommend ?

It sounds as if you are saying two things which contradict themselves:

On the one hand, you consider yourself (very) qualified...?

On the other hand, you disparage your career field and your Vietnamese competition with "how long does it take to..." and criticizing the reality of the local prevailing salary rate.

The Vietnamese people value humility and gratitude, even before one has received what one is seeking.

I may be reading you incorrectly, but regardless, your best bet is to jump to the head of the line, by investing in coach class airfare and $15 - $20 a night in a Vietnamese hotel, spending your days pounding pavement and knocking on doors.

If you are as employable as you believe you are, certainly prospective employers will be able to realize the truth within 5 minutes of face-to-face time with you, and offer you much higher wages on the spot.

I truly do wish you (and thousands of others like you) good luck!