New member. Would like to relocate to the Ukraine. Mariupol.

I am Keith Milford. I was thinking of moving from S.A. to the Ukraine. I am a retired teacher and Headmaster. I have over 43 years education experience. I was planning of settling (if possible) in Mariupol. I know someone from Mariupol and he has offered me accommodation whilst there. Can anyone tell me what is the cost of living there? or how much USD one need to live comfortably in Maripol. I presume Mariupol would be cheaper than in one of the major cities. Also, what are the chances of finding a teaching job there? Look forward to receiving your replies. Regards.

Hi Keith Milford,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for this introduction.

For cost of living, have a look at these threads to have an idea:

https://www.expat.com/forum/403-22-cost … raine.html

We have a job section where you can post an ad by creating your CV here :

jobs in Ukraine

Good luck,
Christine

Hi Keith. Please note, that Mariupol is situated in Donetsk region. It is very close to the territory of war action, periodically it is attacked by rebels.
Mariupol is huge industrial and port city. Some giant metal plants are situated there. The cost of living should be cheaper than in Kiev on Dnipro. I think it is possible to rent good appartment at a price of USD 250 per month.
To my opinion it will be rather difficult to find teaching job there. But there are many offices of international organisations such UN, OSCE, International Red Cross etc. May be it will be possible to find teaching jobs in their programms.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback Christine. Much appreciated.

Hi Christine

Hope you can help me a few questions to begin with I'm planning to visit Ukraine in the next week I need help with accomodation don't prefer hotels but an average studio flat my budget is not high .also is it possible to extend the stay if one is on visa on arrival country like India . appreciate your suggestion and advice .thanks in advance.

Hi, Rahulkool, some information about rent a flat in Kiev.
Daily rent of such apartment as you want may cost USD 25-30 per day.
Long term rate is cheaper. It could be USD 350 per month. +utility bills (USD 50 in summer and USD 100 in winter). As usual long term period begins from 6 month but in some cases it could be 3 month.
For long term rent it is better to use real estate agents because there are to many frauds on the market. Commission fee of real estate agent is usually 50% of monthly rent.
For long term rent, as usual you should pay for the first and the last month when you start a rent.
Second half of August and beginning of September are the "high season" so the prices could be higher.
Hope, my information will be useful for you. If you have additional questions, just ask.

Dear Member

Thank you for your valuable information.could you please let me know if I could extend my visa on arrival . If yes how long the stay could be extended.

Dear Rahulkool, i have answered you on the visa extension in this topic: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 59#4292306

It is possible to extend visa up to 180 days but not because of business reasons.

Cost of living in Mariupol can be found here:
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/i … ol-Ukraine

Hi!  I'm in Zaporozie - there's a small expat community here (including on from sa) also an American who teaches here.  Look for Mitzi club, both these guys will for be you good advice!