Immigrating from South Africa to the USA

Because of the political turmoil etc. in South Africa, our family wishes to immigrate to the USA. My husband has his own company in South Africa. What would be the easiest way to get residency and ultimately citizenship in the USA?
Should he set up a subsidiary company in the USA?
Our 3 sons (aged 24 and twins of 22) are university students and still financially dependent on us. Will they be allowed to immigrate with us?
They have a USA High School Diploma (on-line schooling) which should be to their advantage.
What is the approximate cost to set up a subsidiary company in the USA?
If a subsidiary company is set up, is there a minimum amount of property investment required?

Hi MP_SA,

My name is Gabriel and I currently live in Connecticut, which is outside New York City. There are four primary ways you can come to the United States:

1)    Student Visa: Enroll in a university as an international student. This would give you an opportunity to skill yourself through the American university system. The only drawback is that U.S. universities are highly expensive.

2)    Work Visa: Secure employment with a U.S. or multinational company and ask your employer to be transferred into an American office through an H1B visa. Many U.S. companies such as Uber and Google have offices in South Africa. If you work for a company that operates in the United States you might be able to ask your employer for a transfer into a U.S. office. In this case, your employer might be able to complete your immigration and visa paperwork on your behalf. I would check the existing policies of each employer on a case-by-case basis.

3)    Family Visa: If you have family in the United States or marry a U.S. Citizen, you could immigrate to America through family immigration.

4)    Diversity Immigrant Visa: In 1990 Congress established the U.S. Green Lottery program. This program aims to increase the diversity of immigrants coming into the United States. Each year, the U.S. awards 50,000 green cards to people who apply to this program. You would have to complete the application online. I want to note, being accepted into this program is highly competitive.

Since your husband is a business owner, I would encourage him to research the the E-2 visa. Check out this article I found from Forbes Magazine:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottallis … cd54a06d1f

I hope this information helps! Sending my best from USA!!

Your problem are the kids - they are adults thus require their own visa. Undergrad can be expensive, grad school depends on the major and their grades. There is free money for international students but it takes research. Not knowing anything about their education makes it impossible to guess.

Work your way through travel.state.gov and uscis.gov to get some basic from the horse's mouth information. Ask questions:)

Very very long shot - parents go investor route, child one is 50% coowner, child two and three turn into employees once the company is to the point to be able to sponsor them. This will take money and time and a very good attorney. It will not lead to GreenCard for the parents until the children were sponsored for Green Cards, naturalized and sponsor parents for adjustment of status to Green Card. Current law, lots of time and lots of headaches as the business visa has to be renewed on a regular basis. Brainstorming as no information is available.

Hi Gabriel

Thank you for your response. I will look into every possible avenue to make this 'dream' a reality.

Kind regards.

Madeleen

Thank you for brainstorming on my behalf  :) Two minds think better than one!
From your profile I see you are in Texas. Which neighborhood/suburb is the best for a middle class family of 5, maybe with a good university (the name?) in the vicinity and also an airport (my husband will need to travel to South Africa for business frequently)? All three of my sons are studying the same degree in BCom Marketing Management.

Sorry - no idea what bcom marketing is. Have them check with their current institution about US institutions offering temporary transfers. Otherwise the kids will have to apply for their visa. No guarantee for an employment visa.

We left Texas with 3.5% of property tax - 15k anno on a 3 bedroom.

If international flights are a necessity - please check with airlines running what you need and take it from there.

I personally found Oklahoma City unexpectedly diverse and weather wise no problem compared to DFW, DC! SEATAC.

%

Thank you for the info.