Work visa

Hi, been waiting for my work visa for 2 months now, suddenly when I checked it, it showed visa not valid and below its indicated that the above application has been cancelled. My question is 1, why will a company conduct interviews, then make us undergo expensive medical check ups and then no visa 2, if my visa has been cancelled why is it showing in the LMRA online site, can this have a negative effect because how will another employer secure me a visa if my details are still online? Thank you.

Visa not valid does not necessarily mean that your employer has withdrawn the application.  It could be that the application was rejected by immigration.  Track with the application number on LMRA website and share the exact message that appears there.  If the employer has withdrawn the application then it would be due to their internal reasons and no one can predict what those are.  The status of each application will continue to reflect in the LMRA site - it is the process.

For future impacts, again it depends on the reason for the rejection.  If it was a security rejection then yes, there is a high likelihood that all future applications will be rejected as well.  But it can be approved as well if your employer is able to allay the concerns of security.  For other rejection reasons which are employer specific only; new employers would be able to secure you a visa.

Hi,
does any one know of the hiring procedure at the university of Bahrain. I had a successful interview one month ago and the head of the departmnet told me that my application is with the personnel department. I am asking because I already have a visa to work somewhere else but I prefer Bahrain, being a more open and all..

Unrelated topic.  However, University of Bahrain is notorious for moving slowly.  Recently, there was another guy who asked me a lot of questions about it on PM and in his case, it took close to 6 months till he landed - from the date of the initial interview.

XTang, Thanks a lot for your kind reply.