New to Amman! Cleaner? Driver? Learning Arabic?

Hi,

If anyone could shed any light on my queries below, it would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for a part time cleaner (once a week, 1-2 hours max) to come and clean my 3 bedroom apartment in Al Rabieh, as well as ironing. Ideally every Saturday. Happy to pay on a weekly basis.

Also looking for a long term reliable/puntual driver to take me to work from Al Rabieh to Marj Al-hamam weekdays (Sunday to Thursday) around 7am, and then pick me up from work and drop me off home again around 3.45pm. I am liking the option/price of UberX but would prefer to have the same driver everyday at the specific times. If you want a dedicated customer for the next 12 months starting from end of August, please do get in touch, I'm more than happy to pay weekly or monthly for the right price and driver.

Also looking for any weekend volunteering opportunities to support people in need. Are there any places that I can go and offer my help and assistance? I can cook, teach, do manual labour etc.

Finally, I really want to learn Modern Standard Arabic, not at any of the fancy institutes or colleges, but rather from a local native. My main interest and goal is to understand and speak Modern Standard Arabic. I'm more than happy to host at my place and do a language swap - your Arabic for my English or Bengali.

If you can help me with any of the above or know someone who can, please do send me a private message.

Many thanks!

Welcome on board  :cheers:

For a driver, language partner  and a cleaner you can check out the handy tools above the page where you can post a free ad as well in case you can't find any.

Can't help you much about volunteering but I really hope some one else can. It depends where you have your interests because I know many organisations would like to have you as a volunteer. 

Enjoy your stay in Jordan.

I want to practice English and I can help you to learn Arabic.
we can talk in Arabic for specific time then return to English , if you want that let me know.

Hi Samad,

please have a look at my blog for some of your questions.
https://livinginjordanasexpat.com/